Thread: RB25 Conversion for S14.

Rides

RB25 Conversion for S14.

I know this has been done 1 million times before, but i just want to make sure i get the right stuff.

So, i have a complete RB25, looking at the gearbox now. Im going the R33 subframe route but is that GTST subrame? Or GTR? And im thinking about getting the link ECU but moneys going to be tight so can i use the S14 ECU? The RB25 came out of an Auto so dont think i can use that. Anyone know where i can get the Custom prop made and a Garage that will do the conversion, have Emailed Garage D and im going to try Nispro aswell as they are both local. Any other hints/things i have missed out on will be a massive help.

Cheers lads.

Rides
    I’ve got a fresh r33 front subframe £100 if you want it?
    Had It powder coated but never used it

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mike85sx View Post
    I’ve got a fresh r33 front subframe £100 if you want it?
    Had It powder coated but never used it
    Oh and I’ve got all the paperwork for the conversion if you send me your email

Rides
    r33gtst subframe is the one you want.
    you can use the r33 auto ecu,

Rides
    Yes you need gtst subframe
    Also a gearbox mount made or just weld a plate same level as the one you may have and redrill the holes.
    Also may need to modify the sump/space the arb
    If you are getting a manual box for it either rb25 ecu, or link would be preferable.
    Bailey Morris will be able to cut/shut the prop and balance for about £130 i think.
    Things like greddy/freddie intake are easier to do now (but either get a decent aftermarket TB or use the RB one as the freddy ones leak..)
    Decent radiator and shroud setup are a bonus as overheating is a problem once installed.
    Also some kind of shroud for the air intake and heat shield for the manifold as again, things get pretty hot under there especially when it warms up in the summer.

If you have any questions or want pictures, here to help did 2 RB25 swaps a couple of years back my S14a and an RX7 right from scratch to mapping so pretty well versed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Cheees mate, that helps a lot, did not know about the gearbox crossmember.

I'm looking at just going straight for a Link ECU, it's a lot of money but worth it long run as I want to run 400bhp out of it.

I knew they were prone to making lots of heat, so I shall see what I can do when it's installed. See what space I have to play with. I'll probably use some electric fans to help aswell.

Not planning on putting it in till Ocotober/ when car show season stops so I'll be asking questions then. Cheers

Rides
    Use a rad from either a s13 or a ka24, they fit no problems.
    I’d personally go link as it’s a better Ecuador to go for and you shouldn’t have to worry about arb or sump.
    Cooling isn’t an issue if you have a decent fan, if you want to run viscous then speak to jack Tonkin on Facebook as he can make a custom rad that fits under the slam panel, otherwise you’ll have to cut it and move the rad forward.
    Make sure you use the front section of the rb prop and the rear of the sr prop or you’ll have problems and also you may have to modify your power steering lines every so slightly.
    Also use a r33 elbow and down pipe, it fits well and not to low.

That’s all I can think of at the mo

Rides
    Cheers or the info guys, im thinking about going with the normal intake for now, just to get it running, then swap to a Greddy one later. Will i have to retune the car with the new intake?

Also with the exhaust, will the R33 Downpipe get close to standard position? Just bought a very expensive Tomei Titanium exhaust and id like to reuse it if possible. Seen a few Turbo elbows for sale in the US that supposedly bolt up to the SR downpipe but im not 100% sure.

Rides
    Buy a 33 super low down pipe from japspeed, and a r33 elbow will fit in the standard position, you won’t need to tune the engine with the inlet manifold but it’s a pain to change while the engine is in