Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Misfire after turbonoz chip

Rides
    Dry joint on the socket in the ecu, go over every connection and pin with a magnifying glass and an iron.

Rides
    Managed to get some spare time today to pop down and have another look at this today, took on board what you said Baz and put an Ohms meter across the injector terminals which turned out all ok! Weird.
    Then swapped about the coils when they turned out to be all fine, so turned to the spark plugs..... they are all ok! BUT on Cyl 3 the plug wasn’t black or wet in fact looked brand new. Straight away it’s got to be the injector!
    Swapped the injectors between cyl 3 and cyl 1. Started it up and everything is smooth as a baby’s bum.
    So haven’t really got to the bottom of it as such but it now runs like a dream..... need to check for possible breaks in the injector loom just in case this issue comes back

I’ve also ordered better solder as mine is a little dated just in case there is a next time.

Thanks everyone for your pointers very much appreciated
    Last edited by ps13ben; 28-12-2018 at 09:28.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ps13ben View Post
    Managed to get some spare time today to pop down and have another look at this today, took on board what you said Baz and put an Ohms meter across the injector terminals which turned out all ok! Weird.
    Then swapped about the coils when they turned out to be all fine, so turned to the spark plugs..... they are all ok! BUT on Cyl 3 the plug wasn’t black or wet in fact looked brand new. Straight away it’s got to be the injector!
    Swapped the injectors between cyl 3 and cyl 1. Started it up and everything is smooth as a baby’s bum.
    So haven’t really got to the bottom of it as such but it now runs like a dream..... need to check for possible breaks in the injector look just in case this issue comes back

I’ve also ordered better solder as mine is a little dated just in case there is a next time.

Thanks everyone for your pointers very much appreciated
    Awesome! Glad you got it sorted out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    ah nice one, hopefully it doesnt come back, not sure if its possible but maybe the injector just stuck shut and the swapover just freed it up, glad its sorted!

Rides
    Yea man, it was definitely injector related so I’ll have to keep an eye on that.
    It seems to be boosting up to 1.2bar at the second regardless what the boost controller is calling for so that’s the next issue, I’ll have to check how I’ve piped up to the wastegate from the solenoid. Never with out problems ha.

Thanks again though gents