Thread: Forged SR20, Not yet run in, done just 3 miles!

Rides

Forged SR20, Not yet run in, done just 3 miles!

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Unfortunately, due to my car being written off my freshly forged SR20 is up for sale. Don’t really want to sell but there’s no point in it sitting in my garage doing nothing.

Firstly, basic spec list:

Mahle 86.5mm pistons
    Manley Rods
    ARP Head Studs and Nuts
    Cosworth 87mm 1.5mm Head Gasket
    ACL Rod Bearings
    ACL Main Bearings
    ACL Thrust washers
    New Genuine Nissan Oil Pump
    New Genuine Nissan timing kit (chain, crank sprocket, all guides etc.)
    New Genuine Nissan Stem seals and valve guides
    Genuine Nissan Gaskets throughout
    Moroso Baffled Sump
    Driftworks rocker arm stoppers
    Perfectly quiet VVT Sprocket

Engine was forged following a light bottom end rattle, I sourced a perfect and unground crank from a friend. Uprated parts were purchased from Roland Allsop (who also did the machine work, as I’ll go through below) Nissan parts mostly from FRSport in the US and Desa in Latvia. I have receipts totalling many thousands, corners were not cut building this as I was aiming for a reliable 450-500bhp.

Machine work carried out:

Block Hored and matched to pistons
    Block Honed
    Block decked and skimmed (with oil pump housing)
    Crank measured and polished
    Head skimmed
    Valve guides fitted and honed
    Valve seats cnc cut
    Valves lapped and relengthened
    Stem Seals fitted
    Rotating assembly fully balanced (Crank, pulley, bottom sprocket etc.)
    Everything ultrasonic cleaned

Following this the block and bottom end components went to Ed @ Fusion Motorsport to be built up, I chose Fusion due to Ed’s experience with SR’s and his meticulous work, and I wasn’t disapointed. I refitted the valves and built up the head, I then fitted the head onto the block, and timed the engine. On first startup there was a small noise from the head, believed to be something along the lines of a lifter that needed bleeding, once up the temperature the noise was pretty much non-existent. Due to this, and the fact my car was involved in a crash 3 miles (yea, I know right!) after fitting the engine, I pulled it and it went back to Ed just for peace of mind (I was planning on fitting it into another shell) he stripped the bottom end down, and measured everything and reported that there were no issues with clearances or anything to be worried about (this check alone cost me £250). Engine is stamped with Fusion’s unique engine number (he does this for every build) so he can tell you about my engine if required. The temperature sticker on the side of the block shows this engine has barely even got to operating temp, let alone been used hard! It didn’t even see boost in the tiny drive I did.

For the small amount of time this engine was run and driven, it was very smooth and ran perfectly so if it doesn’t sell I’ll have no issues finding something to put it in! Engine has not been run since this inspection was carried out, and as such, will need fully priming when fitting into a new car.

Please ignore the tatty cam cover (was on the powdercoating list!) and pulleys, engine has been sat for a year so some surface rust is present, was only received back from Fusion last week so all info is up to date.

Collection is required from Maidstone, Kent or I can deliver for cost within a reasonable distance

£3500 I’m happy to answer any questions and discuss price, Ed is also sending me pictures of the full build so I can supply almost anything you need picture-wise. Please DO NOT send me stupid offers as they will be ignored.

I also have parts that can go with, lightweight fly and new clutch, Mazworx oil take off, inlet manifold etc. but this can be discussed.

Last edited by Slamz; 06-01-2019 at 14:01.

Rides
    Pictures don't seem to like embedding, so can be found here: https://imgur.com/gallery/3sLLdXP

Rides
    PM’d

Rides
    Deposit taken

Rides
    Sold