Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: How many is too many....

  1. #1
    Member s13spooner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    188
    Rides
    0

    How many is too many....

    So missis got on at me that the 5 cars I've got is too many but at my worst I had 9 (made it sound like a medical problem there?) so what is too many... I just like to keep busy rather than going on a shite walk that she thinks is nice...

    Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Sussex UK
    Posts
    53
    Rides
    0
    I believe the correct number of cars is n+1 where n is the number of cars you currently own.

    Also applied to bikes, guitars, tools, etc.

  3. #3
    I <3 BBS LM Actual_Ben_Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    23,323
    Rides
    0
    We have 6 between us, I reckon the limit is if you can keep them all on your own property.

    If you need to rent storage then it's getting to the point of being debatable...

  4. #4
    Now with 400bhp....
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South west
    Posts
    35,798
    Rides
    1
    I’ve got 6 but two of them are for sale. I think 4 is more than enough tbh, daily, drag\show car, track car, 4x4
    South west Events and local meet info. See here


    My car on THRLL: http://thrll.com/car/1998-nissan-200sx-12410
    Chris Cooke Photograpy: https://www.facebook.com/ChrisCookePhotography
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

  5. #5
    West Of Ireland Rep NismoNut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mayo, Ireland
    Posts
    1,138
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wocketfast View Post
    I believe the correct number of cars is n+1 where n is the number of cars you currently own.

    Also applied to bikes, guitars, tools, etc.
    You canít argue with a formula!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My S14.5 Rebuild Thread - clicky --
    http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=468362

  6. #6
    Guest
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Posts
    2,240
    Rides
    0
    I’ve got 3, only one of them works which is my daily lol.

    Saab 9-3 estate v6 turbo daily
    Nissan 180sx project car
    Clio 172 track car

    If I had space I would own more!

  7. #7
    Member s13spooner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    188
    Rides
    0
    I can't argue with the formula it makes sence, as for room Myself i have the family business garages and ground so as far as I could go is a few hundred....

    My problem is I have my

    Land rover discovery 1 as daily
    Nissan 200sx S13 as weekender/project
    Mk3 golf 16v I have no idea
    Mk3 golf yellow cc major project
    Mk3 golf blue cc father son project

    And there's a 300zx for sale I know of....

    Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Oor Willy sideways14a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    In cloud Cucold land
    Posts
    34,354
    Rides
    0
    I once had two cars, never drove both at the same time as it proved to difficult so i got rid of one.

  9. #9
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    walsall/tamworth
    Posts
    6,476
    Rides
    0
    ive my daily
    my s13 track car that I hardly ever use, and a recovery truck to move that track car I hardly ever use.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chelmsford,Essex
    Posts
    24,136
    Rides
    0
    There is a "complete collection" quotient.

    Coll = (d+tc+f+trk+off+w2+£pit+cr8) * 2 + x

    Complete collection = Daily+tow car+forever car+trackcar+offroad car+weekend car+project+"something for the other half" car.

    Double it if you are qualified to ride motorcycles (replacing tow car with race van/truck).

    Add go-kart, hill climb car, tractor for tractor pulling, drag car and you have a round score (that's 20 in old money for the youngsters still on SXOC).

    Most of us don't achieve it but, instead, have an incomplete collection due to space limitations or compromise by owning a car/cars that, quelle horreur, does more than one thing or that listen to that emasculating inner voice known as "wife" or "girlfriend".

  11. #11
    Member s13spooner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    188
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    There is a "complete collection" quotient.

    Coll = (d+tc+f+trk+off+w2+£pit+cr8) * 2 + x

    Complete collection = Daily+tow car+forever car+trackcar+offroad car+weekend car+project+"something for the other half" car.

    Double it if you are qualified to ride motorcycles (replacing tow car with race van/truck).

    Add go-kart, hill climb car, tractor for tractor pulling, drag car and you have a round score (that's 20 in old money for the youngsters still on SXOC).

    Most of us don't achieve it but, instead, have an incomplete collection due to space limitations or compromise by owning a car/cars that, quelle horreur, does more than one thing or that listen to that emasculating inner voice known as "wife" or "girlfriend".
    I've never heard something so true in my life....

    Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Guest ben8000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    widget widget widget
    Posts
    3,045
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by s13spooner View Post
    So missis got on at me that the 5 cars I've got is too many but at my worst I had 9 (made it sound like a medical problem there?) so what is too many... I just like to keep busy rather than going on a shite walk that she thinks is nice...

    Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk
    If you have to park them on the road in an close/estate you don't live in.

  13. #13
    No, the other one. Pete C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Brentwood, SX
    Posts
    23,873
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ben8000 View Post
    If you have to park them on the road in an close/estate you don't live in.
    I have this issue - only one driveway space and not enough residents permits

    1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    1999 [V] E39 530d
    2001 [Y] MkV Fiesta Zetec S
    SXOC Member #199

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chelmsford,Essex
    Posts
    24,136
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ben8000 View Post
    If you have to park them on the road in an close/estate you don't live in.
    That does annoy the people who are trying to park in their own road and it makes your insurance more expensive. Its cheaper to buy a house with a fcuking big drive

  15. #15
    Guest ANDY black s13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    erith kent england
    Posts
    6,344
    Rides
    0
    I used to buy and sell cars in the 90's as they were so cheap and worked in the trade got offered stuff every day,
    I got up to 12 sellers at one time plus wifes car and my daily driver,cars parked up all over,got shot of most as was starting to forget were they all were
    that was taking the pi$$ too many,
    now we just have 3 cars (2 dead datsuns, 1 working toyota) and a project motorbike, could have more but I know I have enough already

  16. #16
    Guest
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Chippenham/Dover
    Posts
    2,093
    Rides
    0
    Just found out a mate from Uni has 50. Inlcuding an Ultima Can-am, 3 v8 Esprits, a v8 Westy and an LS2 Stag... must go visit him at some point.
    Last edited by jimbo; 12-12-2018 at 13:01.

  17. #17
    Member s13spooner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    188
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Just found out a mate from Uni has 50. Inlcuding an Ultima Can-am, 3 v8 Esprits, a v8 Westy and an LS2 Stag... must go visit him at some point.
    Sxoc trip?

    Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    Guest
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Chippenham/Dover
    Posts
    2,093
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by s13spooner View Post
    Sxoc trip?
    well go round when he's out!

  19. #19
    Member s13spooner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    188
    Rides
    0
    I would just like to update this to say I'm up to 8 now, close to braking my record....

    Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •