Thread: Starting issue

Rides

Starting issue

Right, my S14a was sat for a week and now won’t start, it just turned over and over but seemed kind of slow so I have tried to jump it and it was turning over a lot and sounded like it was just about to start but then it died, it now has no power at all so I’m guessing I’ve blown something electrical wise?

I’m kind of just looking for ideas as to what I could have blown or damaged to now have no power at all

Thank you.

Rides
    Test the battery, check the terminals, check all the main earth points. Once all the obvious has been checked then dig deeper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    As above really. How old is your battery?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Battery is a maximum of 2 years old and I will check all the connections but I feel like it may be something else as it suddenly lost all power whilst I was turning it over, the central locking doesn’t even work now as there is literally nothing

Rides
    Say the earth was poor with you cranking at it it could have burned it completely out. Unlikely to blow a fuse through cranking.

Still check the basics first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Can you hears the fuel pump prime when you switch on the ignition?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by p.nicholas View Post
    Can you hears the fuel pump prime when you switch on the ignition?
    Can’t crank it anymore but when I could I could smell petrol from the exhaust so I’m guessing that’s all okay. I’m just waiting for some day light to have a proper look at things

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    If the car has no power at all then you’ve likely blown the main fuse in the fuse box. If it was just turning over without firing the car could be flooded too.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    If the car has no power at all then you’ve likely blown the main fuse in the fuse box. If it was just turning over without firing the car could be flooded too.
    If you’re on about the 100amp fuse in the engine fuse box then it looks fine.

And as to flooding, I thought the same so I gave it a day before trying it the second time when I lost all power

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Yeah I meant the 100amp fuse, don’t know if any others that cut the power completely. Earth cable to the battery is an option I guess. Quickest way to sort flooding is to pull the fuel pump fuse and try and start it, it’ll normally fire then die straight away, shove the fuse back in and start normally.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Quickest way to sort flooding is to pull the fuel pump fuse and try and start it, it’ll normally fire then die straight away, shove the fuse back in and start normally.
    No need to pull the fuse, Just floor the throttle while cranking, these cars have have a flood clear feature so if you go WOT during cranking it kills the injectors. then as soon as it fires just lift off the throttle.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Nice, every days a school day