Thread: Brain tumours In children and our story!

Rides

Brain tumours In children and our story!

Not here to ask for contributions etc more the awareness as as a family we feel the signs and symptoms etc are not publicised enough.

After going through this terrible time in our lives we would like to make more people aware of the signs and symptoms as we thought for 72hrs our little girl was just sick little did we know by the time we got to hospital our girl was on the verge of going into a coma.

A local Band / group of close family friends are kindly organising the 1st fundraising / awareness event and we would like to get onto organising other events in the near future.

Lexie's full story is here- https://www.gofundme.com/lexie-and-h...vite-to-donate

And as I say the awareness I feel is more important than anything else.
    Proceedings from the fundraising events will be getting split up between various people/charities.

-Southampton children's hospital (specifically children's Neuro surgery)
    -The brain tumour charity.
    -Abbie's heroes
    -Ronald McDonald house.

If anyone would be interested to attend events I will post up all the details here.
    Last edited by pointz; 27-11-2018 at 09:51.

Rides
    Hi Rich,
    Been following your story and I can’t imagine what you’re going through as a family.

Rides
    The world is a bad place when crap like this can happen to one so young

Sad doesnt even come close to your situation, our thoughts are with you all and here is hoping Lexie makes the best recovery she possibly can
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Knew something had been going on, sorry to hear the details though. If you still have access to the Facebook fan page feel free to share stuff on there if you like
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I’ve raised money 3 years running for this charity doing a 24hr sim race. Lovely charity and I’m glad I’ve raised money for them.

Rides
    Hope your little girl is making a good recovery bud.

With my other half working where she does we are fully aware of potential symptoms but you are right in the fact that there is not information out there easily accessible to new parents.

West Country Rep
    Rides
    Best of luck mate, hope she makes a full recovery.

West Country REO

Rides
    Thank you all for the kind words, she is certainly brighter since coming home but rarely meeting her food and fluid target so every day is a challenge at the mo.

Hopefully she will start to get her confidence back soon, as much as the whole situation is very difficult the hardest part was the sight loss! Just holding on to hope she gains at least a little back.