Thread: Wheel size

Rides

Wheel size

Hello,

I am looking into buying some JR11 wheels. I have a s13 chassis with s14 brakes.

The objective is to fit them with no spacers. Should I go with 17x9 et20 or 17x8.25 et35?

They need to clear s14 brakes and fit inside the wheel arches with no rolling.

Thanks

Rides
    All I can say is that 18”x9.5J ET25 DO NOT fit without a 25mm spacer! I found that out the hard way...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    From my experience the fronts won't clear the suspension. I've had 16x8 et30 and that would be the closest to the strut I would get.
    Now I'm trying to fit 17x9 et25, and while the rim clears the strut, the tire is rubbing at the spring slightly (225/45).
    I hope this helps. You can check your fitment at www.willtheyfit.com

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Thank you so much for the help. Probably the 17x9 et20 will be risky, from what i've seen, they stick a bit out of the wheel arch and can have some problems clearing s13 struts.

I need to compare the 17x8.25 et35. According to driftworks, they will fit over s14 brakes and clear the strut and wheel arch.

Rides
    You need to work out what tyres you’re going to run. I’ve got 17x9 with an et of about 15 and they fit with a 215/40/17 on with no rolling

And thinking about it that’s with s14 lower arms which are longer anyway.

Here’s a rubbish picture
    Last edited by bikerboywill; 26-11-2018 at 14:39.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jflather_105 View Post
    All I can say is that 18”x9.5J ET25 DO NOT fit without a 25mm spacer! I found that out the hard way...

Depends on the spoke design. Wheels with similar specs but different spokes will probably fit.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jakkerd View Post
    Depends on the spoke design. Wheels with similar specs but different spokes will probably fit.
    It wasn’t the spokes that were the issue, they cleared the calipers fine it was the back face of the barrel that was colliding with the coilovers

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jflather_105 View Post
    It wasn’t the spokes that were the issue, they cleared the calipers fine it was the back face of the barrel that was colliding with the coilovers

jakkerd is right. It depends on spoke design as much as ET. One wheel with a given diameter, ET and width will fit over the calipers while another with the same diameter, ET and width won't.

Whether he was right to quote your post, is another matter. If the ET was wrong on your wheels, the spokes won't make a difference.