Thread: Kinugawa turbos, are they actually any good?

Rides

Kinugawa turbos, are they actually any good?

Looking at a Kinugawa td06 18g 8cm turbo. Are they actually reliable and can you get rebuild kits for them? What sort of power can these things run? Or would a Holset HX35 be a better option?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by federalman View Post
    Looking at a Kinugawa td06 18g 8cm turbo. Are they actually reliable and can you get rebuild kits for them? What sort of power can these things run? Or would a Holset HX35 be a better option?
    I don't have an answer for you, but they have been out a solid 8+ years now so you should be able to get some straight answers.
    Holset's though are a time-tested reliable turbo with pleanty support, as are garrett and bw.

If I was upgrading a turbo I'd be sorely tempted to wait until I could afford the best available for the desired spec, and it certainly seems that the latest gen Garrett turbos take some beating.

Rides
    From experience, the one I bought was terrible.

West Country Rep
    Rides
    My car is mainly used for Track, but it was road legal for a good year, i didn't have any issues at all with the turbo (TD06).

West Country REO

Rides
    I do like Garrett and my 28 was great, though if I can have something just as good at half the price I will do!