Thread: Brake problem! Help please

Rides

Brake problem! Help please

Hey so I’ve literally just rebuilt my drivers side rear caliper with a new piston, square seal and dust boot, funnily enough when I came to do this the piston never had a dust boot on it! Is this normal or it may of perished?

Now that I’ve put everything back together I’ve bled the brakes only on the caliper that I’ve rebuilt and now my brakes don’t really work, my foot goes all the way down and even then it barely stops!

Have I missed something or??

Cheers
    Notty

Rides
    Make sure you haven't nicked a brake line cause the fluid has to be going somewhere and make sure there's fluid in the reservoir

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Also you can't just bleed one caliper you may have to bleed both rear caliper to get the fluid flowing through and make sure there is no air in the lines. And alway top up the fluid when bleeding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    And bleed the ABS which on the 14 I don't believe there's nipples, oo err, for. Bleed up then drive a bit, try to activate abs and bleed again.

You may well just have a faulty seal in the master cylinder though, caused by your original bleeding (rod goes past its normal extension when pushing to the floor, and can take the seal with it sometimes)

Rides
    I'd say they just need bleeding properly, as said above you can't just do 1 caliper as when you removed it air has entered the system and start with passenger rear, drivers rear, drivers front then passenger front, brakes should then go back to normal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    You may have blown the seals in the master cylinder, it happens when they are worn and you drive them outside their usual range.