Thread: IACV Idling issue S14A

Rides

IACV Idling issue S14A

Hi,hope somebody can help.Have been having issues with the tickover on my S14a for the past week or two.Couldnt get the idle to sit at 850 rpm so I obtained another IACV and installed with a new gasket.I set the idle as per instructions off the forum and the idle was sitting perfectly.Went back to use the car a few hours later and it started at 2000rpm then after a few minutes dropped down to 1500rpm and wouldnt drop any lower(as what was happening previously).I reset the tickover again and it was fine and then used the car a few hours later again and the same thing happened.It only happens when the car has been left for a few hours.I tried turning off the engine(while still warmed up) when the tickover was correct and restarting immediateley and was fine so if its a cold engine that seems to be the issue what is causing the problem?

Rides
    Can’t remenber exactly but there’s either a cold start valve or the IACV does it, but a cold engine will start on fast idle until warmed up then drop down to normal. On the RB engines it’s just a cross-head screw to turn to adjust the idle. Is it the same on the SR? Have you checked the throttle cable is adjusted so that the throttle is closed?

Rides
    Yes,checked the cable and has some free play so isnt casing the problem.Did have it set correctly and then went to use the car later and the problem started over.I think its probably a vac leak or a TPS issue.Having it diagnosed tomorrow so will post back