Thread: Looking to return to the fold... Maybe?

Rides

Looking to return to the fold... Maybe?

Hi guys!

So I've been away a long time, and am potentially looking for another s14a.

Prices seem all over the shop? And most seem to be bastardised drift slags...

With this in mind, I'm tempted to buy a knackered one and engine swap it? What sort of price do RB swaps go for these days? Not fussed if it's a 25 or 26..

I'm thinking I should have kept mine all along lol lmgt4s seem to go for bigger money now than 10 years ago

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Welcome back, remember your car from back in the day.

Prices have gone through the roof on these cars now, nice damson one for sale on here currently iirc.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Wow, I'm surprised there's anyone still left who remembers it!

There seems to be quite a bit of movement on ebay so I'll keep an eye. But like you say, prices are a little on the high side, which is a shame as it positions the car against more modern options... But to be fair, it's a lot quicker than most modern machines.

I enquired about the Damson one last week but didn't hear back. I think it got sold as there was an ad on ebay that disappeared before it was due to end.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Was a cool car shame about the damson, looked like a good one.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Engine is the least of your worries, you need to make sure its not a rot box
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Engine is the least of your worries, you need to make sure its not a rot box
    The Damson one was very clean, belonged to Dan Millar. Went for £4650 in the end so there's a real spread of prices. I'm in the same position as you, I would like to add an S14 to my fleet because, as much as I enjoy my GTR, I have an S14 shaped hole in my heart.

Mark is right, rust is a big issue. So is tatty paint and V cars. Like this one, strong money for what might be a Cat D or C. And I think the owner is a trader who doesn't really know what a 350hp S14 requires, not a stock turbo for sure. But on the flip side there are probably more undeclared accident cars out there anyway.

One thing I am currently loving is these phrases on plenty of adverts.

Just had a full respray but paint is not show spec
    Then why bother?

The list goes on
    Probably more stuff I've forgotten
    At point of sale, it seems a good idea to actually finish the list, or not forget.
    Last edited by piman2k; 25-10-2018 at 11:32.

Rides
    if you want an RB25 powered s14 then try to buy the one that's just popped into the breakers section before it gets taken apart.
    everyone wins then, he gets less hastle, you get a good starting place for a project.

Rides
    I’m also looking to buy at the moment, and note the massive spread of prices! It does make me wonder what some of these cars that are advertised for £7k+ actually sell for. Bar the damson S14a (which I was fully prepared to pay the £4950 buy it now price had the seller messaged me back! Sad face) all the s-bodies I’ve seen for sale recently have been for sale for a while.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    The Damson one was very clean, belonged to Dan Millar. Went for £4650 in the end so there's a real spread of prices. I'm in the same position as you, I would like to add an S14 to my fleet because, as much as I enjoy my GTR, I have an S14 shaped hole in my heart.

Mark is right, rust is a big issue. So is tatty paint and V cars. Like this one, strong money for what might be a Cat D or C. And I think the owner is a trader who doesn't really know what a 350hp S14 requires, not a stock turbo for sure. But on the flip side there are probably more undeclared accident cars out there anyway.

One thing I am currently loving is these phrases on plenty of adverts.

Then why bother?

At point of sale, it seems a good idea to actually finish the list, or not forget.
    Wow, the damson one went cheap. I was prepared to pay well over 5 before it dissappeared...

The £7k ones on eBay are a bit too strong for cars that would need more money spent to get them to actual £7k condition. As you say, pointless to respray a car if it looks DIY. Not a fan of the stripped interior ones either, just means I need to spend more getting the interior back to a use able state. Then there are the comedy ones with £000s spent on engine upgrades along with a super shiny sprayed cam cover, but the rest of the bay is full of rust!! Wtf!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    if you want an RB25 powered s14 then try to buy the one that's just popped into the breakers section before it gets taken apart.
    everyone wins then, he gets less hastle, you get a good starting place for a project.
    Had a quick look, car wasn't to my taste and engine seems to be spoken got already. But appreciate the head up