Thread: 1989 unmodified Nissan 200SX 1.8l

Rides

1989 unmodified Nissan 200SX 1.8l

Hey everyone,

Just looking for some advice please. About to start the process of selling a car which was left to me by a relative.

It’s an unmodified 1989 Nissan 200SX 1.8L automatic. It has about 85k on the clock and it's a midnight blue colour. I know it’s rare and I can’t find any comparable models for sale online. It’s in reasonably good condition but needs some TLC (some rusting on the boot) – been neglected for a while. Keen not to be ripped off, so any advice on how much the car might be worth would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks very much

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by asininesam View Post
    Hey everyone,

Just looking for some advice please. About to start the process of selling a car which was left to me by a relative.

It’s an unmodified 1989 Nissan 200SX 1.8L automatic. It has about 85k on the clock and it's a midnight blue colour. I know it’s rare and I can’t find any comparable models for sale online. It’s in reasonably good condition but needs some TLC (some rusting on the boot) – been neglected for a while. Keen not to be ripped off, so any advice on how much the car might be worth would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks very much
    Hi if your looking to selling I would be open to buying. I have been looking for a stock car which needs tlc and so I'd end up with stock car... btw what time of TLC does it require.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by red_rider; 21-10-2018 at 19:00.

Rides
    It's been regularly used all its life, so it's nothing that isn't cosmetic. The rusting on the boot would need to be sorted, and there's some minor rusting on the underside. Right-hand side electric window seems jammed. Paint is also fading and lacker is peeling. It just needs someone who knows what they're doing. Two previous lady owners.
    Last edited by asininesam; 21-10-2018 at 19:24. Reason: additional point

Rides
    Ok sound normal stuff.. where r u located ...I'd really like to come see it and see if we can work out a deal.

Rides
    Thanks red_rider. I'm in South East London. Don't want to waste your time as haven't fully settled on selling yet, just wanting to understand whether there's a good market for the car and what kind of price I can expect for it

Rides
    Ok that's fair... once u have decided to sell I'd be 100% intrested in buying..u have My contact details feel free to call me even if it's just for advice

Last edited by red_rider; 21-10-2018 at 19:50.

Rides
    Post some pictures of the engine bay and the underside particularly and someone (incl. me) will be able to suggest a price.

Clean standard ones are going up in value.

Rotten ones not so much

Its all about the condition and completeness.

A minter than mint 13K mile standard prefacelift went for almost 10K last year. Rotten ones can still be had for 1500 quid.

Its quite a wide range and almost all dependent on condition.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Post some pictures of the engine bay and the underside particularly and someone (incl. me) will be able to suggest a price.

Clean standard ones are going up in value.

Rotten ones not so much

Its all about the condition and completeness.

A minter than mint 13K mile standard prefacelift went for almost 10K last year. Rotten ones can still be had for 1500 quid.

Its quite a wide range and almost all dependent on condition.
    Hi Jonny, thanks for the advice. Sorry for the delay in replying. I haven't had a chance to get any pictures of the engine bay or underside due to lack of light, but I've posted some pictures I've taken previously. Let me know what you think...

Rides
    You can see the rot has taken hold and it's had a fair share of plating already judging by those sills.

I'd say 1500 quid to 2 grand if you can hold out for it. If you want shot then the lower of the numbers to get some interest. You really want shot you'll be under that.

Rides
    I was looking at it thinking the same as arry, around £2k if it has an MOT and you don't mind waiting for a buyer.

Rides
    Sweet Jesus that paintwork is mullered

Rides
    That's a major, major project for whoever takes it on. Depending on the underside and engine bay, it could be a pear that is beyond repair. Doesn't help that its an auto either.

If someone offers you £2K, I'd snatch their hand off.

Basically what Arry and Ben said.

Rides
    But a wicked colour! I like it.