Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk5 fiesta zetec s track car

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    While the car was getting done love I decided to do a half ass repair on the drivers door rust.

Ground it back, treated with deox gel, primed then painted it up

Done, not perfect but a lot less offensive.

Thought I best get the alignment sorted, annoyingly the drivers front has a lot more camber than the passengers side and it’s not adjustable. I’ll look at options after the track day.

And finally I bought a set of 25mm hubcentric spacers so I can actually fit my spare wheels over the front brakes. Turns out it’s not easy to fit 15” wheels over 300mm brakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Few vids from it's first trackday at pembrey on friday..

1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides

Car was faultless and I had a great day bar a couple idiots on track. We managed to hold our own against Audi s3's, Rx8 on slicks and even managed to bug an m3 to spin while he was trying to lose us through the bends

I really like this car now, it could do with a few more bhp but otherwise its perfect.

Rides
    Looks like a good day and fun little car

Rides
    You came to my doorstep without saying

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    Looks like a good day and fun little car
    Great day tbf. The car is quality just seriously lacking in power but I think I’m spoilt with the power of the sx.

Quote Originally Posted by pdh 14a View Post
    You came to my doorstep without saying

Twice, was there in September too... sorry mate, didn’t even think about it.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Not much to update on this but may as well keep it going.

Was after a set of wheels to use with rainsport tyres for wet track days, a mate had a set of racing puma wheels off the car so we decided to bolt them up...

Looked great but 17’s are just that little too big for the track and tyres would be far more costly too.

In the meantime I had a chance to buy something that would make track days a little more comfortable..

The trailer allows me to not worry so much about breaking the car or running out of tyres/brake pads etc, also means I’ve got a support car that can house the tools and spares etc

The cherry on the cake trailer wise was finding a tyre rack locally for a bargain price, this now means I can take two extra sets of wheels if needs be which is handy.

I had planned on taking my trailer test for a while so had a lesson and passed the test with no advisories

Maiden voyage

And loaded

Found a bargain set of wheels for the wet tyres while browsing eBay, they’re pretty beat up but still seem straight, hold air and are somehow pretty well balanced. For the price I really couldn’t complain

Final piece of the puzzle was a slight tow car upgrade, the mk3 Mondeo has enough power but struggled to put it down and wasn’t the most fun.

The new car is a lot more stable for towing and has a touch more power so is perfect for the fiesta. Biggest plus is if I need to tow something heavier like the Nissan I can use my dads pick up truck

Can’t wait to get a few more track days under my belt next year now.

Rides
    I thought those Mondeo estates could tow 2 ton?
    id half considered buying one for S13 towing duties.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    They are rated to 2 tonne but the mk3 never felt happy doing it, Hill starts were fun. The mk4 is a lot happier.

Rides
    let me know what your doing next year and i shall try and a couple with you....definitely want to do Pembrey never been

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Really want to at least do pembrey, llandow and Combe next year. Will let you know mate

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    They are rated to 2 tonne but the mk3 never felt happy doing it, Hill starts were fun. The mk4 is a lot happier.
    It's probably my itinerary next year.

Give pjs track days a follow on Instagram they do coombe and I thought it was a good local track day with loads of track time.

Westfield club book llandow and it's usually under subscribed and everythings broke by lunch so again loads
    Of track time and only £90. I'll let you know

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Not sure they’d want a boy racer mobile holding them up at llandow

I really want to do some other tracks eventually but distance makes them awkward

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Not sure they’d want a boy racer mobile holding them up at llandow

I really want to do some other tracks eventually but distance makes them awkward
    Same for me I drive my car there which is tiring. Got a tent for my 40rh so will be camping. At pembrey and llandow.

Llandow I would not worry different stuff there and with only 10 out at a time plenty of space

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Awesome, let me know, you’ll need to fit a luggage rack on yours soon if you’re taking camping supplies

Rides
    Ok PJ's track day at Combe on the 7th of april. Check facebook. Good day last year open pit charity based. Will book time off work I think.
    Only about 50 cars last year, about what they put out in a session on an action day lol

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Interested for sure want to do Combe and as long as that’s not Easter week I should be fine.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Booked pembrey for May 2nd and looking to book castle Combe and llandow too. Quite like the idea of Donington in the autumn too

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Finally managed to spend some time on the car getting it ready for this years track time.

Abs removed and a bias valve fitted to allow me to adjust the rears and hopefully stop them from locking up first under heavy braking.

Upgraded my harness from a 2” 4 point securon to a 3” 6 point sparco.

feel a lot happier with this set up and have now secured the shoulder harnesses to the rear cage.

Moved my old harness to the passenger side to replace the eBay special the car came with

Started to shape the gussets to help reinforce my rear roll bar/cage, think it’ll look smart and hopefully add a little strength too.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Couple other little jobs carried out on the car while I was at it.

The car had a knock from the front end after the last track day which turned out to be a track rod end. Decided to replace both seeing as they cost nothing.

Also decided to paint a couple of the cheap road wheels I picked up to hide some of the damage.

Finally gave it a quick wash and loaded it back on the trailer so I can forget about it again