Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mk5 fiesta zetec s track car

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Really not interested in tracking the s14. It’s worth too much now and I’d be gutted if I damaged it plus it handles like utter crap

Also I’d not get as many days with the extra cost of tyres, fuel and brake pads likely being at least double they are with these. Can get a set of soft track tyres for under £300 in 15”
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    As long as you are enjoying yourself mate, just good to get out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Couple vids from the other week

https://youtu.be/SADj-oozWTk

https://youtu.be/4NGdB831aaM

https://youtu.be/-to1vax0BIM

Hopefully the cage will arrive next week and the underside will be getting refurbed over Christmas all being well.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Looks almost stock. This is going to surprise a few. It does now (well the older shell) with modest bhp

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Yeah it’ll be stock on the outside bar a set of alloys but the cage may give it away a little. Should be funny when people expect it to have 100bhp

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Been preparing the old track car to go up for sale, going to miss this thing as it’s an absolute riot, genuinely as much fun as anything else I’ve owned.

Few pics from today

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    On a more positive note. The new car is coming along pretty well

Fuel system is now in and mostly finished bar replacing a few hose clamps and getting the pump out to find why the level sensor has stopped working.

Engine bay is looking almost complete now, need a fan controller and a bracket to hold the intake hose where it needs to be and then it’s more or less finished. Tried to keep it looking like it came from the factory this way

Picked up my new wheels and tyres a while ago and finally got around to getting the tyres mounted. Wasn’t going to put them on the car until it was finished but I can’t help myself. Love the way they look and fit

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Seems I forgot to post about the underside work. Well I had it stripped back more or less to bare metal, any welding completed as required and then zinc primered and under sealed. Came out ok for an old Ford.

May also forgot to post about the cage being fitted...

Rides
    shame the top tube of the doors bars are so high up.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    They’re pretty high but don’t seem to make getting in or out too difficult

Rides
    im naming this the "nemesis" as i feel its going to cause me some "issues". Looks great chris

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Ha. Love it. Hope it does tbh mate. Hopefully it’ll shock a couple people on track when it’s out.

Rides
    Looking good mate, underside is clean as a whistle now

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    It’s not bad. These things are as bad, if not worse than s14’s for rust.

Rides
    Time/money well spent in that case then

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Forgot to update this thread as well as the one for the sx…

New front brakes fitted from a Fiesta st150, bigger with a better pad choice than the standard tat while still fitting behind 15” wheels

Pas lines removed and the rack looped to depower it. The new engine doesn’t run a pas pump so I can leave it like this or run electric power steering in future. I’ll prob leave it like this.

Seat rails welded through the sill and on the floor to get them as low as possible.

Added a Craig Davis fan controller. Decent bit of kit and really easy to use and setup

Made up some door cards from abs plastic and fitted the interior

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Had the strut tops cut out in order to fit adjustable top mounts to allow for a little better geo setup

Used the ends of an old strut brace to stiffen the top of the struts up and sandwich the tower between the topmount and the plate.

Carpeted out the rear as I hate the stripped look and this adds next to no weight.

Upgrades the intercooler to a full alloy item. It’s only a cheap eBay item so may have to upgrade again in future

Few speed holes to help with airflow, got a hole saw for the bumper bar when I get the chance also

After this the car went for a health check on a local rolling road and made a reasonable 220bhp. Plenty of room for improvement in the future with a different turbo

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    First trackday with the new car. Well more of a shakedown. Didn’t expect it to last much past the sighting laps if I’m honest.

First session out saw the coolant temps climbing to 108 degrees. Not crazy high for these engines but more than Id like.

A mate suggested to make up some ducting to direct the air through the radiator better so we set about with some corrugated plastic and gaffer tape which I had in the car for some reason.

This along with bringing the rad fan earlier dropped the temps by nearly 15 degrees… result.

Also ran without the grille as I’d taped up the mounting holes…

Was a good shakedown for the car, only got a few sessions in as the track was getting red flagged a lot and the day ended two hours early due to damage to the barriers. Pretty happy overall though and the car stayed together.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Second trackday with the new car was at Keevil airfield, great little track with plenty of runoff thankfully

The day was going well until I ran out of rear brakes, the shoes were new before castle Combe and had done less than 200 miles.

The handbrake adjusters were rattling around the bottom of the drum which isn’t ideal

Left the track and and visited euro car parts for some new shoes and fitted them during the lunch break so lost very little track time.

After about an hours worth of track time coming up to one of if not the biggest braking zones on track (90mph +) the pedal went to the floor and I lost all the brakes, tried pumping the pedal but that gave me nothing. Thankfully I was able to go straight on and came to an eventual stop on a taxi lane for the runway with the car smoking heavily.

Day over

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quick onboard from Keevil. The car was great fun when it worked although I wasn’t happy with the brakes all day so an upgrade was always inevitable.

https://youtu.be/dnBPYDs4WpE