Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S14a - How to Improve Headlights

Rides
    Cheers SW- thought so- hope the seller sends the proper bulbs as it will be very hard to revert back to standard now!

Rides
    Defo something wrong there. Here are my 6000k they do have a slight blue tinge but more like an ice white really.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Thanks for reference photos. Definitely asking for refund if they don't sort out 5000k bulbs.

Rides
    Seller swears blind they sent me the right 5000k bulbs. They have offered a refund, so hoepfully get 4300k from somewhere else.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by screaminsilvia1 View Post
    Seller swears blind they sent me the right 5000k bulbs. They have offered a refund, so hoepfully get 4300k from somewhere else.
    Sounds like BS. Have you checked how much the bulbs are on their own? For the cost of sending back and uninstalling and reinstalling the kit, might be better to buy the bulbs from another vendor.

Rides
    I think BS aswell but Seller told me to keep everything and they will refund 8 usd, but looking on ebay the bulbs will be £10 so requested they refund this much. Hopefully case of swapping out the bulbs and using same ballasts.

Rides
    I think BS aswell but Seller told me to keep everything and they will refund 8 usd, but looking on ebay the bulbs will be £10 so requested they refund this much. Hopefully case of swapping out the bulbs and using same ballasts.
    Yeah, kits are pretty generic. Should be fine. Good move on the partial refund.

Rides
    Cheers Crazy

Rides
    Did you get some 4300k bulbs?

Rides
    Not yet, but will sort out asap.

Rides

Rides
    Installed the HID kit from link above and it is an improvement on the standard candles on these cars. I originally wanted 4300k but went with the 5000k as thats all they offered. It seems they have sent 6000k or more likely 8000k versions, as the light is very blue- which is not what I wanted.

I changed the sidelights to 5000k LED which are totally white with no hint of blue and are a very close match to the BMW LED light colour, so am happy with these.

It rained the other night and driving around the blue HID light was not good, bordering dangerous. See photos below. Couldn't get the individual lighting of side and main as used crappy iphone camera.

I have gone back to the fleabay seller and hope to get resolved asap.

HID Kit - should be 5000k but more like 6-8000k??

HID usually comes out blueish or blue.

Have you guys tried LED? Mine turned out white with 6000K H1 LED. It fitted perfect and the beam leveler still function.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by surewire View Post
    HID usually comes out blueish or blue.

Have you guys tried LED? Mine turned out white with 6000K H1 LED. It fitted perfect and the beam leveler still function.
    Do you have a link to the kit you used?

As for HID it isn't necessarily blue. Depends on the kelvin rating. 4500k is almost yellow. It is the brighest light of the sun at midday. Anything over that edges on the blue territory. I think with HID you never get a true white as its a heat rating and it goes from yellowish to blue.

Rides

S14a - How to Improve Headlights

Quote Originally Posted by CrazySx View Post
    Do you have a link to the kit you used?

As for HID it isn't necessarily blue. Depends on the kelvin rating. 4500k is almost yellow. It is the brighest light of the sun at midday. Anything over that edges on the blue territory. I think with HID you never get a true white as its a heat rating and it goes from yellowish to blue.

I’m trying to upload pictures with my S14a with this LED, but wouldn’t let me. I am very happy with the results and its a lot brighter than 4500K HID blueish I had before. I’m ordering another set for the high beams. Anyway here you go.

H1 Led headlight bulbs H1 Extremely Bright 10000 lumens LED Conversion Kit The most compact 6500K White led light SUTO AUTO Best CHIP CSP Conversion Kit Low/high beam 3-Year Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CYZVV65..._Kvr8BbYFN15ZM
    Last edited by surewire; 18-11-2018 at 07:53.

Rides
    Did you use Photobucket? If so within your library under the photo there are some links below which you can copy and paste (can't remember which one but thinks its the bottom one.) Will be interested to see how good and reliable they are. The description within the link sounds promising, but they state do not ship to uk.

Rides
    Not sure how into photography you guys are but just a bit of an FYI. Taking photos of your lights with a phone camera that varies it’s colour balance with every shot is not an accurate way to show the white balance or Kelvin scale of the lights. Basically it can can and will vary hugely unless you can lock your white balance and shoot a fixed exposure so you also get brightness difference.
    I guess a simple analogy for the brightness would be your lights might be brighter but you’re shutting your eyes more to make them look the same brightness...

S13 raybrigs and leds ftw not amazing but MUCH better than standard tea lights
    Last edited by shikari chaos; 18-11-2018 at 23:18.

Rides
    Did you use Photobucket? If so within your library under the photo there are some links below which you can copy and paste (can't remember which one but thinks its the bottom one.) Will be interested to see how good and reliable they are. The description within the link sounds promising, but they state do not ship to uk.
    Cool! I will sign up and post some pictures this coming week.

I’ll compare the LED to the brand new stock H1 bulbs so this way you get a better comparison than comparing to aftermarket HID.

If your interested I can be the middle man to ship to UK

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by shikari chaos View Post
    Not sure how into photography you guys are but just a bit of an FYI. Taking photos of your lights with a phone camera that varies it’s colour balance with every shot is not an accurate way to show the white balance or Kelvin scale of the lights. Basically it can can and will vary hugely unless you can lock your white balance and shoot a fixed exposure so you also get brightness difference.
    I guess a simple analogy for the brightness would be your lights might be brighter but you’re shutting your eyes more to make them look the same brightness...

S13 raybrigs and leds ftw not amazing but MUCH better than standard tea lights
    You are absolutely right! The easiest fastest way is comparing to the stock H1 bulbs since everyone here already know how they light up.

Rides

Updated link from amazon UK. It looks exactly the same I have except its pink. You can give it a try and it so much easy to return to amazon incase you don’t like it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Headlight-B.../dp/B078XR1ZHP

Now I need one for the fog lights but they don’t have it in H3 and in yellow 3500K. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by surewire; 19-11-2018 at 17:59.

Rides

Looks white to me really!

When I have time to get my engine back and running I’ll send more driving photos.

It fits perfectly with the cap on and the beam leveler still function. The tiny ballast fits inside the headlight housing without any modification.

I read some cons reviews that you can hear the fan running, actually I don’t hear it at all since my exhaust is a bit loud.
    Last edited by surewire; 20-11-2018 at 08:16.