Thread: S15 diff on a s14a

Rides

S15 diff on a s14a

Does anyone know what problem you may come across when fitting a s15 diff on a 14a I’m looking at one on eBay but just wondering if it’s worth the hassle or just upgrade to a Kaaz 1.5way in the 14 casing??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    It's a straight swap (assuming you're looking at buying a complete diff and not just the pumpkin and half shafts)

Rides

S15 diff on a s14a

Things to look for, assuming your buying the whole s15 diff set.
    S14a - with abs system or not? All s15 have abs, s14a some do not have abs, the drive shaft will be longer if not equipped with abs system.
    S15 diff - 6 bolt or 5 bolt drive axle? I believe all s14 have 6 bolt lug pattern. Some s15 have 6 or 5.
    Last edited by surewire; 12-10-2018 at 15:33.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by surewire View Post
    Things to look for, assuming your buying the whole s15 diff set.
    S14a - with abs system or not? All s15 have abs, s14a some do not have abs, the drive shaft will be longer if not equipped with abs system.
    S15 diff - 6 bolt or 5 bolt drive axle? I believe all s14 have 6 bolt lug pattern. Some s15 have 6 or 5.
    Yes my s14 has abs so that’s a good thing right and there 6 bolt on the 15 diffs,so will it just unbolt old and bolt on new no hidden gremlins??and are 15 diffs any good in respect of locking up better than the viscous ones on 14’s

Rides
    I would double check the ratio and that it is definitely a helical s15 diff, some s15's came with the s14 s14a limited slips and the non turbo's came with a 4.1 ratio non helical i'm pretty sure. I was looking at different diff's last year but ended up going for a skyline set up for strength and ratio, there are quite a lot of different variations so just double check what you are getting.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mattvaughan180 View Post
    Yes my s14 has abs so that’s a good thing right and there 6 bolt on the 15 diffs,so will it just unbolt old and bolt on new no hidden gremlins??and are 15 diffs any good in respect of locking up better than the viscous ones on 14’s

S15 turbo is helical diff way better than viscous. Best for mountain grip and drag race, not well for drifting. If you want to drift welded diff is way to go for drifting.

Rides
    Thanks for heads up lads been after one of these for years; when I have my sr20de throttle body fitted with the helical diff which will be next spring the ultra responsive and drivable s14a will be finished.

Rides
    Helical's are the perfect fast road/track diff imo. You'll love it.