Thread: New member from Liverpool

Rides

New member from Liverpool

I joined for advice, parts and know how. Paying £21 to join a site that (no offence) looks dated as hell...seems like a bit of a shot in the dark, but it looks like this maybe the only 200sx club on the net..(based on a two page Google search).
    I'm in Liverpool and I feel like I'm the only one here with an S14... holla atcha boy if I'm wrong. I've only had mine for a couple of months and I love it.
    I need an OS sill if anyone has any advice on where to look.

Rides
    Welcome! I only joined last year and it's the best s chassis place to be, faceballs is utterly useless, I say money well spent and its an awesome community,
    I felt same way with my schassis untill I got on here and realised theres people in my area so there will be someone no doubt!

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by s13spooner View Post
    Welcome! I only joined last year and it's the best s chassis place to be, faceballs is utterly useless, I say money well spent and its an awesome community,
    I felt same way with my schassis untill I got on here and realised theres people in my area so there will be someone no doubt!

Thanks Spooner. Your reply has relieved my initial worries about this being a dead site.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by loves2spooge View Post
    Thanks Spooner. Your reply has relieved my initial worries about this being a dead site.
    Nope not dead at all

Rides
    The site is a little dated but seeing as the 'managers' all do this in thier spare time out of kindness i guess they can be excused for letting real life get in the way sometimes.

Site is deffo not dead, the membership fee is worth it for the weekender alone. Not to mention all the other freebies/subsidies available throughout the year. Technical knowledge on here is worth its weight in maccy d's nugs on its own

Welcome to he best owners club for members there is!!!

Rides
    Welcome

It's a bit slower on here than it used to be, but still a good place for technical advice.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Used to be some sills available to buy on eBay, not looked for a while though. What spec is your S14?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Welcomes to the best UK site for tech info imo, site traffic is lower but site content is still good ,
    post a question and one of us will find it and give good advise,
    spice weasel on here was doing s14 sill panels not sure if still does tho

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    The site is a little dated but seeing as the 'managers' all do this in thier spare time out of kindness i guess they can be excused for letting real life get in the way sometimes.

Site is deffo not dead, the membership fee is worth it for the weekender alone. Not to mention all the other freebies/subsidies available throughout the year. Technical knowledge on here is worth its weight in maccy d's nugs on its own

Welcome to he best owners club for members there is!!!
    I didn't mean any offence...after all, I'm here for the knowledge primarily.....what's this "weekender" you speak of?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Used to be some sills available to buy on eBay, not looked for a while though. What spec is your S14?
    It's a '98 R reg in emerald green. SR20DET 5 speed manual T28 turbo. It's been lowered by a previous owner...possibly too much as i have to "get creative" when tackling speed bumps. It has a Blitz Induction kit, Toyosports Intercooler and a massive exhaust which I found embarrassing at first but have grown to love.

Rides
    To be honest, the site works a lot better on a PC/laptop than it does on a mobile and you needs to have scout around the different sections of the forum to get a feel for what is there and how to find what you want.

Using the search facility (multipage content tab) is a good way to find technical threads and most of it will be in TechS14 for you.

I've posted > 20K posts over the years and more than half of those were technical (mostly for the S13). Its the same things that go wrong with these cars so the technical help is still valuable even if it was posted 10 years ago.

In its heyday, there were more than a hundred posts a day and its dropped off considerably now but back then most of the hundred posts were people taking the p!ss out of one another and making knob jokes.

So, have a dig around the 30 or so sub-forums, check out the North West region and try to get along to any local meets and you'll find people willing to help you.

Rides
    Finally another local s14! Liverpools rare for s-bodys only seen 2 others since owning mine for a year an half!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylfcjay View Post
    Finally another local s14! Liverpools rare for s-bodys only seen 2 others since owning mine for a year an half!
    Awesome. Mine's an Emerald Green R reg. keep an eye out!

Rides
    Will do man! Mines a P reg black 14a, hopefully see ya around!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by loves2spooge View Post
    I didn't mean any offence...after all, I'm here for the knowledge primarily.....what's this "weekender" you speak of?
    No offence taken.

Knowledge here is 2nd to none imho.

The weekender is a club weekend full of fun, surprises, bbq, booze and Deacon.
    2017 @ Rockingham - https://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread....ight=weekender
    2018 @ Llandow - https://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread....ight=weekender

Worth it for the membership fee alone!!!!

Rides
    When did you ever have a humble opinion, MEL ?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    When did you ever have a humble opinion, MEL ?
    Correct me if im wrong then

Rides
    If you are in Liverpool look up DCMS in Burnley. Graham there has been looking after S bodies for 20 years and has a very good reputation, he made new sills for me. He does a lot of work for local members from basics to supporting Time Attack cars.
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    If you are in Liverpool look up DCMS in Burnley. Graham there has been looking after S bodies for 20 years and has a very good reputation, he made new sills for me. He does a lot of work for local members from basics to supporting Time Attack cars.
    Thanks, I'll give them a call. What kind of price are we talking?