Thread: RB swap advice

Rides

RB swap advice

Hey there,

I plan on swapping a RB25 into my S13.

First things first, I need an engine! First headache. What is the best way to do that?

I have the chance to get a R33 '97 for around 6k€. The shell is pretty crusty, but the engines runs. I've gotten lots of pictures and some Videos.
    The other Option is sourcing every part seperately which is going to be painfull, I guess.

I really dont have a clue what can be sold of a parted out R33... Lights, aftermarket wheels, Coilovers (brand unknown, some orange black japanese ones), complete shell as a roller?

Which route should I go?

Cheers!

Rides
    no one in England will want to buy R33 parts from Germany as the shipping will not make it financially viable unless you sell it all dirt cheap.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    no one in England will want to buy R33 parts from Germany as the shipping will not make it financially viable unless you sell it all dirt cheap.
    Thats not the point.
    You can leave out shipping completely. I need to know if it is possible to break such a car for quite a coin. There will be people in Germany that may or may not be interested in parts.
    But if it not possible to a certain break even point, financially, gettig the car is not worth it.

Rides
    garage-d are selling neo rb25's for 2.5k then you would need an r33 gearbox which is about £600, so that stands you at 3.5k maximum for all the parts delivered.
    the 3.9 standard diff ratio is a bit rubbish on the rb25 gearbox so it would be worth switching to a 4.1 or a 4.3 if its a track or drift car. a neo is better than a spec 2 rb25 out an r33.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Sk...QAAOSwevdaBDN5

think I would just opt for that and save myself the agro of having to strip a whole car and sell all the parts. as im not sure there is 2.5k in an r33 if you keep all the good bits for yourself.

at a quick guess id say parts are worth about,,
    breaks are worth 600 F+R
    panels 50/100 each
    front screen 100
    other glass 50
    quarter panels 50 each
    bits of trim 10/50
    headlamps 200
    hubs 150

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    breaks are worth 600 F+R
    600?! Really? I thought they go for about 200-300

3,5k£ equals about 4k€. So the car would only have to generate 2k€. Brakes, Hubs und Headlamps alone will be around 1,1k€. The rolling chassis will be sold aswell, not sure how much.
    If the prices are somewhat correct, i think I'll take the whole car.
    Yeah it means a lot of work with taking it apart and selling it.

Either way there will be something I'm going to be mad about