Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Sorry but it's a "what's it worth" thread

  1. #1
    Guest zero260's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    326
    Rides
    0

    Sorry but it's a "what's it worth" thread

    Please move if I've put this in the wrong section but any help would be very greatfull.

    Even though I am onto my 20th plus s-body, i'm a bit out of touch in the sbody scene when it comes to values as it's been some years since I've sold one. A few years a go I acquired a very clean UK 2000 s14a turbo manual with a clean bill of health, 100k with mot's to back.

    I finally dug it out of dry storage and it's been through quite a bit of work through my reputable bodyshop.......so we know what we are doing.

    Engine out job, rust, sills, undersealed dents etc taken care of, full respray in it's oem blue, new belts, fluids, plugs, brakes, exhaust......well the list goes on. Anything we found that needed addressing/cleaning up we did it.

    Now here comes the question, I've seen some real tatty examples go for a small fortune but I haven't seen one like this come up for sale recently so I have no idea what price to pitch it at.

    It is a totally original, non abused example that will be finally completed in the next week or two with a full service and mot. Hopefully it won't go to someone who is going to drift the hell out of it and wreck every panel, hopefully it will go to a true enthusiast who can perfect it even more by replacing the odd Bolt or nut for a newer one.

    So what is it worth? I know it's hard to say without pictures but they will be there in the for sale thread but I really need to know what price to ask.

    Hope someone can help as it seems the market has gone mental recently for the sbodies.

    Many thanks.
    Gav
    Last edited by zero260; 30-09-2018 at 08:40.

  2. #2
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    walsall/tamworth
    Posts
    6,561
    Rides
    0
    ive not seen much demand for concourse OEM spec S14a's, most of the folk who are buying them are doing so because of drifting so wish to modify them. I just cant see someone spending over the odds for a pristine OEM example to then go on and modify it as the first modification they will do is fit massive wheels and bastardise the arches.

    so its a tricky one to value.

  3. #3
    The Welsh Whinger! pdh 14a's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Swansea
    Posts
    24,593
    Rides
    0
    It is all over the shop at the moment,people are trying between £6k and £15k. if yours is as mint as it sounds I would say £10k minimum. but probably 11k by next month

    You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

    And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

  4. #4
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wherever I run out of petrol!
    Posts
    14,437
    Rides
    0

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Guest zero260's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    326
    Rides
    0
    12k!

    That has to be madness surely?

  7. #7
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bedford
    Posts
    1,032
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zero260 View Post
    12k!

    That has to be madness surely?
    It was on for 14995. To be fair, unabused original examples are few and far between so 12 k doesn't seem too bonkers if it's as clean as it looks. S15s are in that space. But the proof will be if it actually sells for that....

  8. #8
    Guest mattvaughan180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tewkesbury
    Posts
    219
    Rides
    0
    Do we class these cars as classics yet??


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bedford
    Posts
    1,032
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mattvaughan180 View Post
    Do we class these cars as classics yet??


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think so, yes. Just in the same way other 90s Jap cars are. They are pretty rare now and especially in this condition and the car community recognise them as a drivers car and with the right mods even more alluring. The drift scene has lifted it's status no doubt but it's the standard to near standard cars which seem to be most in demand.
    Im sure there was a feature in practical classics over the summer.

  10. #10
    Guest mattvaughan180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tewkesbury
    Posts
    219
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pb63 View Post
    I think so, yes. Just in the same way other 90s Jap cars are. They are pretty rare now and especially in this condition and the car community recognise them as a drivers car and with the right mods even more alluring. The drift scene has lifted it's status no doubt but it's the standard to near standard cars which seem to be most in demand.
    Im sure there was a feature in practical classics over the summer.
    Thatís good news for us owners then I know finding low mileage un-abused examples are rare and even high millers go for strong money too,took me over a year of searching to find a low ish mile s14a but Iím happy to have it and have put my own stamp on it mods wise(stage 3+) just hope now being modified dosent hurt the resale too much


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Guest zero260's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    326
    Rides
    0
    It is great to hear the positive feedback and it looks like I can advertise my car for a bit more than I originally thought.

    I think the 10 to 12k is a little optimistic so hopefully at around 8k ish should be a fair shout seeing it isn't wanting for nothing and it is a very very clean standard car.

    Thanks everyone for your advice and I will hopefully get it listed next week after it's mot and final cut and polish.

  12. #12
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bedford
    Posts
    1,032
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zero260 View Post
    It is great to hear the positive feedback and it looks like I can advertise my car for a bit more than I originally thought.

    I think the 10 to 12k is a little optimistic so hopefully at around 8k ish should be a fair shout seeing it isn't wanting for nothing and it is a very very clean standard car.

    Thanks everyone for your advice and I will hopefully get it listed next week after it's mot and final cut and polish.
    I think that's fair. Stick a link up to your sale when you do. It would be interesting to see how it goes, as always the proof is what it actually sells for. If you're not in a rush hang on until the spring maybe... Good luck and let us know how it goes....

  13. #13
    Guest zero260's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    326
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pb63 View Post
    I think that's fair. Stick a link up to your sale when you do. It would be interesting to see how it goes, as always the proof is what it actually sells for. If you're not in a rush hang on until the spring maybe... Good luck and let us know how it goes....
    Will do. I could do with a quick sale to be honest to make room for the next project so I will be flexible on the price to be honest. Hopefully get a link up next week :-)

  14. #14
    Guest zero260's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    326
    Rides
    0
    Finally got round to listing the car now it is ready :-)

    https://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread....rd-Nissan-S14a

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •