Thread: Fuel tank filler neck

Rides

Fuel tank filler neck

While trying to remove my fuel tank I have noticed the filler neck is dead, the bracket on the chassis is detached and the actual metal filler pipe looks on its last legs. What have people replaced them with? Generic fuel filler neck and adapt to fit or ordered from rhdjapan a replacement for their s14 one?

Also I notice on the american forums they have issues with the tank leaking and recommend using a truck bedliner to coat the outside for protection? Probably have to do this as the heat shield is dead also.

Hopefully the straps can be saved.
    here is what I am working with.

Rides

Fuel tank filler neck

Straps are easy enough to make new it’s documented in my project thread.

If your heat shield is dead I’d attach some under bonnet heat proofing material to the tank around where the exhaust runs.

I fixed the few holes in my filler neck with JB weld.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by evilz View Post
    While trying to remove my fuel tank I have noticed the filler neck is dead, the bracket on the chassis is detached and the actual metal filler pipe looks on its last legs. What have people replaced them with? Generic fuel filler neck and adapt to fit or ordered from rhdjapan a replacement for their s14 one?

Also I notice on the american forums they have issues with the tank leaking and recommend using a truck bedliner to coat the outside for protection? Probably have to do this as the heat shield is dead also.

Hopefully the straps can be saved.
    here is what I am working with.
    I've had a good read through your thread a few times as its good to see pictures of how to properly protect the chassis against rust.

The bracket that holds the filler neck is awol. So I may end up trying to clean it up and weld a new bracket on (far away from the tank and fuel vapours).

I would hate for something to fall off and wrap around the prop shaft or exhaust so I will need to have a think if its necessary to attach something or if a bedliner coating on the bottom would be fine.

The tank straps with foam padding is a good idea imo to stop unwanted cracks appearing.