Thread: SR20 Injectors

Rides

SR20 Injectors

Hi, I am looking for some advice on injector size.

I have a
    HKS stroker kit
    HKS Pink Injectors (I think are 700cc)
    Uprated HKS fuel pump
    HKS stage 1 cams
    Turbo GTX Gen2 3071 with Turbosmart 45mm external wastegate
    ECU Motec M4

I am running 1.1 bar and the turner has had to put a rev cut in 6,800 rpm because my injectors hit full duty cycle.

Over the winter I am going to go to Tomei solid lifters with NAPREC rockers, Tomei cams and BC double valve springs to raise the rev limit but I don’t know what size injectors to buy. Advice would be appreciated.

The engine runs very cool, extensively upgraded cooling system.

Rides
    1000cc, maybe more? Did the guy tuning your engine indicate what size he thought you might need?

Rides
    I didn’t know what was in it at the time, but the previous owner told me it was running 400bhp on a smaller turbo so I thought she would of been good to map to around 400bhp.

Rides
    Have you considered converting to top feed injectors? it usually means you'll need a different intake manifold but there is then a vast choice of injectors to choose from. I'd be going with 1000cc injectors or bigger with your setup, as that setup has potential for 500hp +

Just to put injector size into context, I have 850cc injectors at 85% duty with 440Hp.
    Ideally you should spec your injectors to reach no more than 80% at max power.
    Last edited by hooky; 22-09-2018 at 09:32.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by hooky View Post
    Have you considered converting to top feed injectors? it usually means you'll need a different intake manifold but there is then a vast choice of injectors to choose from. I'd be going with 1000cc injectors or bigger with your setup, as that setup has potential for 500hp +

Just to put injector size into context, I have 850cc injectors at 85% duty with 440Hp.
    Ideally you should spec your injectors to reach no more than 80% at max power.
    That's what I did, top feed Injector Dynamics 1000cc with a Greddy short port plenum and Mazworx fuel rail. I started to stuggle with fuel supply after this so I added in a Bosch 044 pump in an 034 motorsport tank with a -8 fuel supply

Rides
    I didn’t want to go too feed just yet but I’ll get some 1000cc injectors. I don’t want to turn the boost up just yet.

Rides
    Also what intake manifold would you recommend for top feed

Rides
    if you don't want to buy a new intake manifold you can go with the ASNU top feed rail that works with the OE manifold, that's what I've done with ASNU/Bosch 1000cc injectors - quality of the rail is top notch but does require some plumbing in to make it function, dual feed / dual return etc