Thread: Replaced clutch line for braided, now can’t get the clutch to bleed?

Rides

Replaced clutch line for braided, now can’t get the clutch to bleed?

So basically I read that a few people have replaced the standard clutch line for a braided one and had good results, I thought I’d do the same as I can see my rubber hose is trying to expand when I press the clutch.

So I’ve removed all the old stuff carefully, there was like black residue in the master cylinder so i sucked the out and cleaned it up inside, fitted the braided clutch line (from master to slave) filled the master with fluid, now I’m trying to bleed it but getting nothing at all out the bleeder on the slave? Just lots of air and little spits of fluid?

Have I screwed up? Is there anything I can try? The clutch was working fine before, it has an uprated clutch (not sure which one) but the clutch pedal was nice and hard before, now it just stays on the floor, any advice would be very much appreciated, I’m slowly giving up with this car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    You let air into the master cylinder whick is causing you problems you will need to bench bleed the cylinder

Go to YouTube and have a look how to do it I managed to do mine on the car but I only let a small amount t of air into the system

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by autosri View Post
    You let air into the master cylinder whick is causing you problems you will need to bench bleed the cylinder

Go to YouTube and have a look how to do it I managed to do mine on the car but I only let a small amount t of air into the system
    Thank f**k for that. Was thinking we screwed up the master cylinder. I have to be honest I downed tools and left it with my buddy, so I’ll let him know what to do

Thanks dude, my mind has now been put at rest, this car stresses me out sometimes!

Rides
    Have you still got the clutch damper (long pipe looped back on itself) or did you remove it? If you've still got it then remove that from the system. Fit your new braided hose straight from the master cylinder to the slave.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by handsomedez View Post
    Have you still got the clutch damper (long pipe looped back on itself) or did you remove it? If you've still got it then remove that from the system. Fit your new braided hose straight from the master cylinder to the slave.
    Yeah I removed the damper mate, should be fixed tomorrow if all goes well

Rides
    Bleed it from the banjos as well as the nipple start from the top (master cyclinder) then work your way down if it’s still no good I used to just crack off the bleed nipple on the slave and let gravity bleed it through filling up the reservoir 2/3 times,if that don’t work then maybe the slave or master seals have given up now you’ve tried to bleed it

Rides
    Have you bled the master? There is a bleed nipple on the cylinder underneath the reservoir, you can bleed the slave for as long as you want but if there is air in the master because the brake fluid has become empty you won't get a pedal. Good luck and let us know how you got on.

Rides
    Thanks guys, I’m going to have another go today or tomorrow, hoping I just need to bleed the master, will let you know what happens thanks again everyone!