Thread: Long time gone.. back in a Z

Rides

Long time gone.. back in a Z

Well, can't remember when I first came on here probably over 12 years ago anyway.. boy things have gotten quiet on online forums since facebook groups came along. I'm off the social-media train now however so thought I'd put a little post up for some nost***ia :-)

So 7 years ago or there-abouts I met my wonderful fiance whilst buying a honda prelude off her, life was great, progressed nicely we bought a house about 2 years ago and had a few tidy car-projects together. Guess I didn't play the game correctly and she fell for another guy who run a local import business whilst we were going through a rough patch.. I accept at least 72.5% of the resposibility as if I listened when I should have I'm sure I could've saved things, but hey - us guys all have our faults! I've managed to surpass the anger stage and hope she's happy with her choice..

After things split up I went and bought an impulse buy, a Z32 with a chronic case of rust-cancer.. ofcourse I wasn't in a position to care so just went with it as I needed a distraction... I used to own a Z about 10 years ago in the same colour, type, and bought it from the same town.

So now I'm back to working offshore, just did 164 straight 12-hour shifts so I could buy my ex out of our house, which I've now done and am just about officially the sole property owner once the paperwork is through :-)

I'm going to slowly do it up and have a firm vision in my head as to the result I want.. plan is to leave the rust until last so I can at least see the end product with a squint, then take it to the bodyshop to get the works so it will be a 5 meter car, not a 5 mile car.

I'll get up some pics later this week but list of acctual purchases so far:
    z32 twin turbo manual - burgundy/maroon
    factory rear lights to replace horrific ebay lights it came with
    rear perspex strip
    veilside EC-1 rear spoiler made on request by veilside japan!
    Border FMIC
    Blitz Technospeed Z1 re-powdercoated in BBS gold centres. 18x10 et22 18x9 et13
    Top Secret shift knob - pretty sure ill be selling this in favor of a 99 spec.
    Personal steering wheel
    Blitz SS bov's + fitting kit
    99 spec front bumper
    Ganador mirrors
    Mines stage 1 ECU
    Removing the M's Fuzzy-logic Boost controller as it's a complete unknown and randomly changes the boost. Will settle for 13psi on a bleed-valve or mig-tips
    Removing the MPH-KPH converter as it's causing no end of grief with the speedo + PAS.

Bits I'm yet to acquire:
    Twinz front 99 spec chin spoiler
    Some subtle side-skirts, maybe 99 specs not sure yet.
    BC Coilovers
    Bride Brix (used to love these, had some in my micra) but will retrim them black+burgundy centres
    Full black-leather/red stitch gearknob/handbrake + gaiters.
    A new rear exhaust, I really can't decide what to go for here - I want to avoid the twinz diffuser as it's done by far too many people now. Twin upswept looks nice, r35 tips look nice, straight-cut cannons look nice, superdraggers look nice... too many choices!!

Plan is to make it look tidy but not outrageous, and to keep the power around 350bhp / stage 1 300zx stuff.

Rides

Rides
    Hello stranger.

Sorry to hear on the relationship shit.

Still, z32 looks nice.

Rides
    Relationships are always shit.
    Best get a puppy/kitten and drink till your dead.. thats what i did, i am on my 15th life right now.

Rides
    Haha cheers guys, yes luckily in my job excessive alchohol, *insert fun-enhancing dietary supplement here* between shifts is considered the acceptable norm so it allows me some breathing space. I'd love a puppy mate, but because im away so much it wouldn't be fair on the wee guy - my last trip involved stray kittens everywhere, honestly if I could have stuffed a suitcase full of them I would.

The 99 spec bumper arrived today
    Last edited by s13silvia; 14-09-2018 at 09:59.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by s13silvia View Post
    Haha cheers guys, yes luckily in my job excessive alchohol, *insert fun-enhancing dietary supplement here* between shifts is considered the acceptable norm so it allows me some breathing space. I'd love a puppy mate, but because im away so much it wouldn't be fair on the wee guy - my last trip involved stray kittens everywhere, honestly if I could have stuffed a suitcase full of them I would.

The 99 spec bumper arrived today

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by s13silvia View Post
    Can't see the attachment mate, unless you're logged into 300zxuk

West Country Rep
    Rides
    Very nice, i use to own a UK Spec Z32, but changed to my S15 back in 2012, i do miss the car, and was told other day the next person who owned it was a complete cowboy and put silicon around the intake to stop it smoking (or something a long the lines of that), the car went for scrap in the end .

West Country REO

Rides
    I owned your old Z32 for a while Murt, but I was not the perpetrator of the silicon! It was burning quite a lot of oil by the time I sold it, I told the guy I sold it to that he would need to check/top up the oil often but a couple of weeks later he phoned me to say the engine was knocking. Dunno if that was the beginning of the end - this would have been 2012/13. Nice car, I miss it too. Brutal acceleration!

Sorry for the thread hijack OP - lovely car!

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    Hello and welcome back. I am also back after almost 7years of inactivity. Now i process of bringing back to live my S13 which was not driven for 7years.

Your Z32 look very nice. We need more pictures, pleas :-)

Rides
    Nice Z32

Im back in the silvia groove after 12 years away. Although that silvia groove seems to be - find something wrong - order parts - go outside to fix issue by fitting said parts - find two more things wrong - repeat process