Thread: Sr20 rebuilds?

Rides

Sr20 rebuilds?

Hello guys,
    Recently found that i have float in my crank and need a bottom end rebuild. Unfortunately the mechanic who found the issue does not have the proper facilities for rebuilding. I have no garage to strip the engine myself. Just wondered if anyone on here knew of anyone who does rebuilds on SR20DET as close to me as possible but any suggestions welcome. I live in Beccles.

Thankyou
    Last edited by reecejordan1; 10-09-2018 at 08:54.

Rides
    https://www.ap-tuning.co.uk/

There are a few well known members on here who wont take thier cars anywhere else. About 30miles from beccles.
    Last edited by MEL; 10-09-2018 at 08:10.

Rides
    there is some guy selling a freshly rebuilt/forged redtop sr20 for £3G on one of the facebook pages. which when you price it up is a good deal.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    there is some guy selling a freshly rebuilt/forged redtop sr20 for £3G on one of the facebook pages. which when you price it up is a good deal.
    That is a fair good deal yes but slightly out of my budget for now unfortunately.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    https://www.ap-tuning.co.uk/

There are a few well known members on here who wont take thier cars anywhere else. About 30miles from beccles.
    Thankyou, emailed them just now.

Rides
    Just had a reply from ap-tuning, he says roughly £2500 plus the cost of parts :O. Is this really about right?!

Rides
    If you want the best job done DY engine services is the best around.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by liamb91 View Post
    If you want the best job done DY engine services is the best around.
    Might be one of the best, but not the best. No one can say.

An SR is not a complex engine. For a straight forward rebuild you can go to any good engine centre. But AP, Horsham, Mazworx are the brands.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by reecejordan1 View Post
    Just had a reply from ap-tuning, he says roughly £2500 plus the cost of parts :O. Is this really about right?!
    That sounds about right yes. Pay 1k and you'll end up getting another rebuild within a month or two. If you want to cheap out then just buy a second-hand replacement engine

That's pennies, I wanted Jun to rebuild my VG30dett, 25k plus shipping the engine from Japan for a decent package

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by s13silvia View Post
    That sounds about right yes. Pay 1k and you'll end up getting another rebuild within a month or two. If you want to cheap out then just buy a second-hand replacement engine

That's pennies, I wanted Jun to rebuild my VG30dett, 25k plus shipping the engine from Japan for a decent package
    Obviously replacement engine is on the cards but would rather rebuild for peace of mind. Wasn’t expecting it to be £2500 without the cost of parts though!

Rides
    that why I said the 3g one was a good deal...
    tbh if the 2500 includes machine work then that's not bad. as you would have a head skim/block skim/ block hone/crank polish/acid dip/jet washed. then if going for arp main studs the mains would need boring out.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    A lot of that cost will be labour and machine costs. It all adds up
    Very quickly.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Thankyou, emailed them just now.
    Gary built my engine over 10 years ago. He recently stripped and checked it for me and it was still in perfect condition except fir the odd valve stem seal.

I'm not far from you, live just outside Bungay

Rides
    I'm not far from you, live just outside Bungay [/QUOTE]

Oh really? Don’t see hardly any s-bodies round here, do you take yours out often?

Rides
    Oh really? Don’t see hardly any s-bodies round here, do you take yours out often?
    It’s more track than daily so maybe 1 or 2 times a week. It’s a pewter S15 with black wheel, there’s another in Halesworth almost the same, silver wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Drifter; 17-09-2018 at 06:04.

Rides
    Sounds a good price if he'd doing all the strip down, machining, cleaning, measuring and reassembly! Mine (albeit forged) was over 4.5k in total and I did as much of the work I could (initial strip, deliver/collect from machine shop, head assembly and final assembly/timing)

Parts will obviously depend how mad you go, but stuff like gaskets, oil pump etc. add up very quickly