Rides
    I fitted an Auto diff in mine and it was like adding 50bhp
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    These are my results on a 2871r. The engine is forged with a slightly higher compression ratio meaning I need less boost and I hope will stress things less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    2871 doing the biz.. that was a great turbo

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    It’s the same spec as I ran on the 3a setup too so it’s not even the big one
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Chris- good map with healthy flat torque curve and top end bhp for a .64. Would be very happy with this. Where did you go to get forged and if you could do it all again, what would you do differently?

Matt - your torque curve is a lot better than mine- probably result of the 740 injectors and custom map rather than a generic stage 3a map on mine.

Sideways- I hear you - Definitely don't want to blow the engine up, so will carry out more research before committing.

Appreciate all your thoughts on this. Lots to think about.

Rides
    I remember in the old days everyone wanted the gt28rs ...like why? the 2871 .64 was always the better blower - heck even in its diddy configuration it was doing silly numbers for something with lag not much worse than the stock t28.
    the .86 never seemed to be worth the extra spin up to me, thats why i got the .64

2871 gods turbo, not too big, not too expensive and not too laggy but could walk the talk and blow the pounds.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    I remember in the old days everyone wanted the gt28rs ...like why? the 2871 .64 was always the better blower - heck even in its diddy configuration it was doing silly numbers for something with lag not much worse than the stock t28.
    the .86 never seemed to be worth the extra spin up to me, thats why i got the .64

2871 gods turbo, not too big, not too expensive and not too laggy but could walk the talk and blow the pounds.
    It’s so damn capable. So torquey and just a joy to drive on the streets.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by screaminsilvia1 View Post
    Chris- good map with healthy flat torque curve and top end bhp for a .64. Would be very happy with this. Where did you go to get forged and if you could do it all again, what would you do differently?

Matt - your torque curve is a lot better than mine- probably result of the 740 injectors and custom map rather than a generic stage 3a map on mine.

Sideways- I hear you - Definitely don't want to blow the engine up, so will carry out more research before committing.

Appreciate all your thoughts on this. Lots to think about.

I got a local mechanic friend and Hamlins in Bridgwater to build the engine for me with 87mm cp pistons, Manley hbeam rods etc. Only thing I’d change is to replace all of the water hoses, remove the Oem oil cooler and run Tomei poncams instead of the 260 procams as I’ve been told they don’t match my setup too well.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    This really isn’t the case. GT2871 0.64 with poncams and a tomei manifold with 380/400 here and it’s so bloody drivable. Epic mid range torque but revs out amazingly too. Can just be turned on and driven normally no idle issue at all.
    Sean- did you put metal head gasket and if so what and how thick, uprated studs and bolts -also what injectors and what ecu/mapped by?

Rides
    Sean- did you put metal head gasket and if so what and how thick, uprated studs and bolts -also what injectors and what ecu/mapped by?
    No standard head gasket and studs untouched.

Deatschwerk 740cc injectors
    Tomei Poncams
    Tomei expreme manifold and elbow
    GT2871 0.64 at 1.4bar.
    Apexi PFC mapped by Greg gush at Protuner. At 380bhp 403lbft.

It blew 2 standard gearboxes before me switching to Z32.

It’s always driven amazing and pulled like a train. It was done 5 years / 16,000 miles ago.

However I’m going for more soon..

Rides
    Is the Z32 gearbox the best and easiest conversion option

Rides
    All these reply’s is making very interesting reading thanks.
    Jez at Horsham said to me to run hks cams and bc springs is there much difference between the hks and Tomei ones?
    And in terms of the gt2871r do the come in different sizes??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    I believe there are 2 type 2871r, one with 0.64 a/r and 0.86 a/r. on the sr20 the 0.64 is less laggy and is the turbo Jez based this stage 3a map, so was the one I went for. My understanding is 0.86 has a bit more lag but can apparently flow a bit more to get more hp.

Rides
    I've been told Tomei Poncams are straight swap 256 so do not need the cam gears to set up like the HKS ones apparently and is compatible with the VVT

Rides
    Depending on what HKS lift and duration, they can provide more power than poncams

Rides
    I've been told Tomei Poncams are straight swap 256 so do not need the cam gears to set up like the HKS ones apparently and is compatible with the VVT
    This is true.

As for gearbox conversion. It is a simple enough conversion yea. Just sourcing the parts is becoming more difficult.

Rides
    HKS do VVT compatible inlet cams

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    HKS do VVT compatible inlet cams
    I’m running vvt with my 260 pro cams too

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by autosri View Post
    What about a more modern turbo (gtx) to bring the power in sooner but keep it around the 350 mark it would feel much more punchy down low but not stress the engine a huge amount more
    Even the GTX is old school now we're on to the 'G' series now

https://www.garrettmotion.com/racing...ct_Day1Garrett

Rides
    Is this straight fitment into sr- there's standard rotation -why and what's reverse rotation?