Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is it worth pushing for more bhp

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by screaminsilvia1 View Post
    Is this straight fitment into sr- there's standard rotation -why and what's reverse rotation?
    I think they're only available with V-band outlet atm, so a bit of Fab work would be required to fit to an SR.
    The reverse rotation means basically the compressor/turbine either spins clockwise or anti-clockwise, for instance if you had a V6/V8 you could top mount a pair of turbo's and they would be a Mirror image of each other, so would aesthetically more pleasing....

Standard twins:

One reversed twin:

Rides
    Cheers Hooky for clarifying- wouldn't say no to having this engine (with correct gearbox) in my 200��

Rides
    tomei have a new version of cam out now that is supposed to be better than the oldschool poncam.

new springs is a good shout if you have the engine in bits and you plan to rev it to 8k etc.. otherwise you can get valve float.

2871r on stock cams will still make 360bhp but tail off towards the end.

I still think there are better turbos out these days if you are buying new.

Rides
    just had a look the new poncams are now 258 but with same 11.5 lift. What's the advantages/disadvantages over the old one? Anyone installed these new versions?

Rides
    The only thing that worries me about going past the 350bhp stage is the bottom end letting go,does anyone know a rough figure of forging the sr’s? And who’s the engine builders to go to?
    On another topic I was looking up prices of 2jz’s 1jz’s rb’s
    Bloody expensive engines now let alone a gearbox on top then I looked up the Toyota 1uz cheap as chips in comparison and takes to boosting well.see a chap running one up at retro rides Shelsley Walsh in a Volvo 240 estate he went up the hill climb in it and it shifted(was turbocharged)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk