Thread: S14 steering column

Rides

S14 steering column

Does an s14 steering column fit an s13?
    I know the racks are interchangeable, but not sure about the column.
    Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rides
    can't confirm as not done it yet,but I was going to do it as have a spare 14a colume to get rid of the middle coupling/rubber disc we swap for a solid
    a few posts on driftworks said it was doable and bolted on,spare column is buried in loft and bit tricky to accurately measure column on my 14a
    when it's on the car so can't give any numbers to go on, column is out of my 13 atm but that won't help much
    I might have a look for 14a column this week could post up some measurements? might even get chance to try how it looks for fitting on the 13

Rides
    all the stalk plugs etc.. will be different.

Rides
    I found two 14 column's today,early s14 and later 14a and straight away remembered why I shelved the idea years ago
    when I see the replacement for the 13's rubber disc is a rubber bonded lump that does same as the 13's disc,
    to remove it to make it a solid shaft looks more agro/faff than doing something with the 13 column
    the upper bracket for controls can be swapped as both shaft outer diameter upper section are 37.75 mm OD

The 14 controls bracket is welded on, (need grind/cut him off),then 13 sleeve for the controls will slide on
    ignition barrel is another possible stumble block if it's road car and you want a steering lock,
    not tried if the 13 barrel bracket fits 14's shaft and locates the lock,or if the key barrel internals interchange between 13>14 to keep same key

anyway's I'm going to do something with the 13 column as 14 looks heavier and harder to modify
    I can post up some numbers for the 14/14a column if anyone needs them

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDY black s13 View Post
    I found two 14 column's today,early s14 and later 14a and straight away remembered why I shelved the idea years ago
    when I see the replacement for the 13's rubber disc is a rubber bonded lump that does same as the 13's disc,
    to remove it to make it a solid shaft looks more agro/faff than doing something with the 13 column
    the upper bracket for controls can be swapped as both shaft outer diameter upper section are 37.75 mm OD

The 14 controls bracket is welded on, (need grind/cut him off),then 13 sleeve for the controls will slide on
    ignition barrel is another possible stumble block if it's road car and you want a steering lock,
    not tried if the 13 barrel bracket fits 14's shaft and locates the lock,or if the key barrel internals interchange between 13>14 to keep same key

anyway's I'm going to do something with the 13 column as 14 looks heavier and harder to modify
    I can post up some numbers for the 14/14a column if anyone needs them
    Cheers for all of that. I think I shall forget about it as it sounds like too much work.

Rides
    no worries , a lot of 14 bits swap onto the 13 but I think we found this is not one of them 14 upgrades worth doing

Rides
    I think the later spec 180's used the same stalks as the s14 did.