Thread: Nats Issue

Rides

Nats Issue

My car's got a strange Nats issue, recently the siren was going off repeatedly whilst parked in the garage overnight, the next day when I realised I successfully used the fob to unlock the car but the siren kept going off! I had to disconnect the battery to stop it as the fob opened and closed the doors but didn't stop the siren, after reconnecting all seemed fine for a week but yesterday the alarm started going off whilst I was driving which was very wierd! Before I found a place to pull over it just stopped so I kept on with the journey as the car drove fine but decided to key lock the car when I arrived and not arm it with the fob, I got back to the car an hour later and literally just before I went to unlock it the siren started going off again, had to disconnect the battery again as the fob didn't stop the siren, felt really dodgy as it must have looked like I was stealing the car, girlfriend wasn't impressed at all!! Reconnected and it drove home fine, its currently sat with the battery unhooked until I can workout whats up.

Has anyone experienced the same at all or does anyone have any thoughts around fixing the problem please?

Rides
    Is the eml flashing or on whilst the siren is going? I’ve heard of this before and it’s not actually nats issue but dodgy siren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    IIRC there's a battery in the siren that goes flat and can cause this.

Also worth checking the bonnet sensors as they can be a bit temperamental...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by kingk View Post
    Is the eml flashing or on whilst the siren is going? I’ve heard of this before and it’s not actually nats issue but dodgy siren

No the engine management light hasn't flashed or come on... would be a good if its just the siren though

Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    IIRC there's a battery in the siren that goes flat and can cause this.

Also worth checking the bonnet sensors as they can be a bit temperamental...
    Oh right ok, will see what I can find out then. Will also check the bonnet sensors.

Rides
    If it’s nats the eml should be on and there should be some other issue. I’d focus on siren etc. That’s why so many of them don’t have sirens anymore haha

Rides
    ah right ok, read into a bit now and it seems like the siren's battery is likely to be the culprit. Doesn't seem to be an easy way to replace it though, probably worth me sourcing a 2nd hand replacement.

thanks for the help guys

Rides
    Here you go

Ebay item number 152278159203

I've got this saved in my watch list because I had the same issue as you before I found a s/hand siren
    Last edited by enzo; 04-07-2018 at 09:59. Reason: Removed link

Rides
    Ah nice ! Thanks mate. I shall get me one of these then