Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So after years of feeling depressed

Rides
    Looks like a crap pizza.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude Dog View Post
    Feeling the lurve on this here thread

Ash if you need to chat look me up on facebook mate
    Thanks mate. On Sertraline at the moment, I'm actually feeling ok at the moment. Signed off work, they won't let me back in the office yet, so working on the garage, playing golf etc. Funny thing is, since I have been on the stuff, the need to rush everything has gone, now it is meticulous detail

Impulsive purchases have stopped which is a good thing. Last month, I bought a Danbury Mint Edition Aston Martin DB5 Goldfinger to go with the Ferrari car collection and a set of Ping golf clubs, when I don't play it seriously.... guess I will have to start now lol

Rides
    Company I work for have been good

I’m now going to a psychiatrist at the Priory in Chelmsford and also got a Harley Street GP consulting.

Recent blood tests have shown my hormone levels all over the place which may explain the symptoms and it may not be Bipolar

This is the first time anyone has explained it thoroughly in a way I can understand.

My stress hormone is supposed to be highest in the morning and then drop off during the day. Mine doesn’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    My stress homo is usually off the charts in the morning if i dont get a coffee, well 2 actually.
    Once i have had a couple of cups and quarter an hour to boot up not too bad.
    Ohh and Paroxetine to help with the urges to insert waste toner bottles in our dipshit staff, and propranolol when my BP was beginning to reach 4 figures or ...something like that.

Oh and beer.

Rides
    Has anyone heard from Rude Dog? He has gone very quiet latelly

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Has anyone heard from Rude Dog? He has gone very quiet latelly

He got married a couple of months ago, seems well happy with life at the moment
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    He got married a couple of months ago, seems well happy with life at the moment
    That is good. I’m really happy for him we have spoken quite a bit recently and he is the most deserving man I know to find happiness

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    My stress homo is usually off the charts in the morning if i dont get a coffee, well 2 actually.
    Once i have had a couple of cups and quarter an hour to boot up not too bad.
    Ohh and Paroxetine to help with the urges to insert waste toner bottles in our dipshit staff, and propranolol when my BP was beginning to reach 4 figures or ...something like that.

Oh and beer.
    But you are from Scotland. Surprised you haven’t started injecting temazepam. Not from Glasgow are you?

Rides
    Anyways

It was a bit overwhelming at first. Company providing me with a Harley Street GP who has signed me off until December (wasn’t my choice but it has done me some good)

And then they sent me to the Priory to a bloody good psychiatrist and now I will be doing “Cognitive Behavioural Therapy “ which I think is the politically correct way of saying Psychotherapy (you aren’t allowed to use the term psycho anymore)

But they have both been really good.

My point is chaps. I was devastated when I was told I had a mental illness. But it is nothing to be ashamed of. They reckon 1 in 4 men suffer from a mental illness (she is called your wife )

No seriously, I don’t mind keeping this thread up to date with the CBT if it helps anyone. I will leave the personal stuff out if that is alright, but anything else I will share. But there is a helluva lot of people on here who have helped me.

Step 1. I’m not a nasty person, but I have been an asshole to a lot of people.

Sorry

Rides
    Dont go apologizing for being a bastard, some of the best folk in history have been utter bastards.

Er.. did i say that out loud? its those voices in my head i tell thee

Rides
    Dont go apologizing for being a bastard, some of the best folk in history have been utter bastards.

Er.. did i say that out loud? its those voices in my head i tell thee
    Genghis Khan
    Julius Caesar
    Ivan the Terrible
    Napoleon
    Adolf Hitler

I included Hitler because he commissioned the VW Beetle which everyone knows was the spiritual origin of the Porsche 911 GT3 RS

But he was a bastard in every other way. Couldn’t even do Movember properly

Rides
    Good to hear you’re being looked after, it’s a relief to see people discussing these subjects. Don’t be afraid to post up anything you’re experiencing, remember you’re surrounded by some of the most twisted and deranged individuals I’ve ever encountered

My S14.5 Rebuild Thread - clicky --
    http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=468362

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by NismoNut View Post
    Good to hear you’re being looked after, it’s a relief to see people discussing these subjects. Don’t be afraid to post up anything you’re experiencing, remember you’re surrounded by some of the most twisted and deranged individuals I’ve ever encountered

Men don’t discuss things. We let it sit and fester

I’d like to thank a few people. Jim. Pointz (Rich) Rude Dog (Jon) and everyone who has made this a club

We are all twisted

Rides
    2019 update

So I have been doing Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for a month now at the Priory and have to say, I wish I had done this earlier. It can be very emotional because you really have to look into yourself. But the amazing thing is you come out of there feeling much better than when you went in.

Discussed my building of Lego Technic and strangely it is something they promote because it is one of the things at the heart of their mindfulness program

Rides
    Great to hear your progress. Rooting for ya mate!

My S14.5 Rebuild Thread - clicky --
    http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=468362

Rides
    My Elder Brother thinks my depression was due to Dad dying. But it was really due to me feeling not good enough

Which was incredibly stupid. As a child my Mum used to tell me, Gawaine was the First, Marcus is the youngest. Made me feel inferior to them. Gawaine always complained because he thought Marcus was Mum’s favourite But it turns out I was her golden by. Grammar school, University

I don’t know who is at fault. I tried to kill myself last year and my 2 brothers told my Mum and Uncle “**** him, let him die”

Work gave me 4 months off work because I had severe burnout and depression . Signed fit to go back by Occupational Health, a Harley Street Doctor and the Priory. I am good enough and so are all of you

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Cheers for sharing mate. I’m sure many of us on here have demons they keep hidden, good to see someone come out the other side.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Glad you are still here and are talking about your experiences. When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark.

I always have the feeling that people that are labeled with “a disorder” are more human than the rest, we just see the world in a more complex and emotional way and don’t just go with the flow. If you think allot you will always have it more difficult but you will come out stronger and smarter than those who don’t want to think or talk about it.

The childhood is always important and it’s difficult to understand which effect it has on a grown up person like described below:

When you freak out
    There’s is a good reason
    But it’s not the reason
    You think you’re freaking out about

There is a child inside
    Who’s freaking out
    Spend time with the child

The child will tell you
    What you need to know
    When you are ready to listen

There is also a theory that you use your cognitive functions to steer or brake into a certain direction, based on your experience and preferred functions.
    Explained with a car below, always easier to understand

https://www.personalityhacker.com/wp.../car-model.jpg

I'm not an expert but it helped me allot, if this is not relevant to you, I'll delete it...

Rides
    Lots of folk have some sort of mental illness.. not a nice term that, i prefer to think of it as misaligned thoughts.....know a few close to me, depression and stress - you wouldn't think it from the outside most of the time but its inside.. how you feel.
    I have a stressful job, but feel miserable a lot. Lots of friends but you won't catch me going round to see one of them normally.
    Its not like, you cant be bothered getting up in the morning as folk would say your lazy its, well you dont see the point sometimes, then you remember you are relied upon, needed and make a difference, thats what pulls you through sometimes.

I prefer to get home at night after having had a day full of interacting with lots of people and feel drained and prefer to lock the door and recharge for the next day than say.....go to see a band with some of the crew or go to a party. Well unless there is a bevvy on, but thats cos i am a Scot and bevvy overrides EVERYTHING

I really dislike children, seriously WTF do people want these things for. I also dont trust folk as a default setting, and women... i really do not trust... or understand. But then most blokes dont. Logic V's emotion - not an easy game to play that, i have played that game to many times now without winning...

Keep at it, you will get there - you will prob be past the finishing line long before i get back fixed.. which is another thread all in itself.

Ohh and of course keep being a Bastard, especially if you work in IT as we are all bastards.

Rides
    ... Logic V's emotion...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4EDhdAHrOg