Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So after years of feeling depressed

Rides
    Lifting heavy weights helps with depression. The changes after a few months will build confidence which is always a good thing. Its not about vanity its about testing your limits and building self discipline.

Compound lift are the best - squats, bench presses, deadlifts, barbell rows....

If you Google weightlifting and depression there's loads info. This is a good article https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fig...depression.htm

Rides
    Nice to see the NHS in full swing. I was first referred by my GP to mental Health - end of July 2018. They phoned me to make my first appointment TODAY!!!! 7 months

I said give my appointment to someone else, I've been going to the Priory for 6 months. Give my appointment to someone more in need of it than me.

She said "So do you want us to discharge you?"

Rides
    One other thing I have got out of therapy which I wasn't expecting. I've always been a closed book, found it difficult to talk to people, to open up. I don't think I have ever let anyone get really close. I find it so easy to talk to them over there. Mt Psychiatrist and my therapist. It's my therapist I have to hand the credit too. She has been amazing. I now find it easier to talk to my doctors after going to therapy

Company have been good to me. They have given me all the time I need based on their own doctors reports. Sent me to Harley Street for a full medical, which came up normal (even my Liver )

I'm now itching to go back to work, but it is frustratingly slow with 2 Drs a Consultant Psychiatrist and HR all having to make the decision. Thing is I didn't want to be away from work at all, but in hindsight, they did the right thing

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    One other thing I have got out of therapy which I wasn't expecting. I've always been a closed book, found it difficult to talk to people, to open up. I don't think I have ever let anyone get really close. I find it so easy to talk to them over there. Mt Psychiatrist and my therapist. It's my therapist I have to hand the credit too. She has been amazing. I now find it easier to talk to my doctors after going to therapy

Company have been good to me. They have given me all the time I need based on their own doctors reports. Sent me to Harley Street for a full medical, which came up normal (even my Liver )

I'm now itching to go back to work, but it is frustratingly slow with 2 Drs a Consultant Psychiatrist and HR all having to make the decision. Thing is I didn't want to be away from work at all, but in hindsight, they did the right thing
    Discharged from the Priory today. Truth be told I feel like a different person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Great news mate
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Good stuff

Rides
    Excellent news buddy.

Unfortunately most of us have to deal with the NHS and a company that doesn't really give a rats so that helps!!!!

Rides
    Congrats dude. Be proud of what you have achieved!

My S14.5 Rebuild Thread - clicky --
    http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=468362

Rides
    I should add.

Serious burnout a few times. Done 72 hours straight and felt like a zombie.

My mum is really angry because I’m a lethario.
    . Wish I had got married a few times. Is it wrong for a man to tell a girl how he feels?