Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red S13 update.

Rides
    It’s not a case of it being standard or modified, it’s just an effect of crank case ventilation. It usually gets worse for multiple reasons combined. Old/worn rings allowing more pressure in the crank case, more boost pressure, contaminated breather system or a blockage.
    It’s pretty common for the oil traps in the cam covers to become blocked with oil sludge and contaminants causing a restriction. Might be worth checking these first as they’re pretty easy to access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Update.

Last year I partially stripped the engine but realized it smokes because the turbo seals have gone. Couldn't afford a new turbo so put it back together after cleaning the inlet manifold a bit. It managed to pass an MOT as it barely smokes after a clean of the inlet. It's obviously gone back to smoking now I've driven daily since.

My passenger door stopped unlocking so today I thought I'd tackle that job as I actually had a fraction of motivation.

Removed the seats to get a bit of space inside to work.

What the inner lock is supposed to look like.

What the passenger side looked like.

Undid the screw in the middle of the door and pulled the door panel out as far as I could.

Removed rod from central locking but that made no difference. Found that the outer handle door lock wasn't pulling the latch lever up enough so pulled on the lever very hard with my fingers and it released the lock and I was able to open the door .

Pic after I was able to properly remove the door panel.

Pic below to show chunky white bit that wasn't lifting up enough.

Below is pink bit which attaches to the barrel.

I don't know if it as the barrel that had partially seized or it was the latch lever so just WD'd and worked everything free. Sprayed white grease everywhere that moves.

Put it all back together and it works perfectly now.

Last edited by Dastardly; 06-01-2019 at 14:13.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Hate doing jobs like that, fair play for gaining the enthusiasm when it’s this cold
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Yes it's very annoying, I did attempt to do it a month or so ago but I got too irritated. On that previous occasion I only took passenger seat out but got sick of climbing over the drivers seat for tools etc. That's why today I just took both seats out so I could crouch and see what was going on.

Rides
    think i would leave the door trim off till I was 100% sure it was fixed.

Rides
    I checked it worked several times before putting it back together. If it does break again at least I know what to do to get it open.