Thread: anyone replaced rear brake hard pipes with braides hoses n stainless fittings?

Rides

anyone replaced rear brake hard pipes with braides hoses n stainless fittings?

Any one now parts codes or fittings i will need to replace the front to rear copper brake pipes? Going for the more expensive option but ease of fitting/routing!

i was hoping to get the parts before i strip it all down as i have to do it at work and dont want to have to leave the car in the yard all next week. Boss wouldnt be happy!

Rides
    Fittings are m10x1 thread iirc. You'll have to measure up the lines you want to replace, and work out if the ends are male/female and go from there. Think HEL will make up custom lines too if you provide measurements/fitting types which takes all the hassle out of it

Rides
    I can get all the fittings and as much braided hose as i need from demon tweeks . But i know there are different ends some conical, convex, concave etc.

Just wondering if anyone has done the same and now which i need :-)

Rides
    Is there nowhere local to you like a hydraulics placeas that’s where I get mine done they can either make them to length and swage them on or they do the an3 type with various ends and raw hose to make them yourself

Rides
    My custom rears for the r33 brakes were 25 quid in all stainless and I’ve bought the bits for other cars and they were like 6 quid an end

Rides
    looking at the goodridge stuff and an3 ends, its just which ends i will need. i wont to go this route, quick to do, and i can redo it later, the plan was to get all the engine sorted, get map tweeked by hdev, then use my bosses garage to strip the back end of all subframe, suspension and patch, clean, de-rust, etc etc, but bad workmanship, and failed and mot has forced my hand to do a quick patch, sort brake lines and get the old girl road legal again. with the an3 fittings i can re-use and redo the lines once i do a proper referb in a couple of months.

Rides
    I think most of the fittings will be inverted flares same as a double flare on a brake pipe kit

Which are you actually doing ? Master to T peice then the run over the subframe ? I might still have my old caliper lines somewhere so can check which type of flare they use

I went with the copper nickle stuff over braided as it seemed a lot of work for very little reward and especially for you if your redoing most of it soon why not just lob some cheap copper lines in to get it working then do it properly and not risk waiting the expensive lines ?

Also wouldn’t solid lines give a better pedal feel as ther is zero expansion and less volume in the pipes?

Rides
    speed of fitting more than anything, i only need to do t piece to rear caliper pipes, but might just do the lot, master to rear.

Rides
    I replaced all mine (Master cylinder to calipers) with braided lines. I just measured up and worked out what fittings I needed and gave these to Hel who made them all up for me. Very quick service and a very good price. Much easier to fit and safer than bending pipe and making fittings myself IMHO

From memory just ran two lines with Banjo's off the master Cylinder and then T pieced to either side to male connectors.

Rides
    Dont suppose you still have your measurements ? :-)

Rides
    I don't sorry mate, its was quite some time ago.... I just got a tape measure under the car and rounded up to nearest meter to give me some slack

This is a handy tool they got now too: http://auto.helperformance.com/custom-brake-hose

Rides
    well rust issues are a lot more serious than i thought so not rushing with brake lines, but i think i will go with hel lines as price isnt bad really and like you say it will be a nice easy fit :-) now on with cill replacement :-(