Thread: How low on standard arms?

Rides

How low on standard arms?

I was wondering how low you can go on standard arms on the back and still get the car aligned ok?

My allignment is currently way out but I’m unsure whether I need to get fully adjustable rear arms or if I can keep the standard ones. It’s a road vehicle and comfort/noise has to be kept in mind but I also do skids from time to time, so I want a good allignment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    There are some historic threads that have the details but IIRC the basic drop on standard arms is about 40mm before you run out of adjustment.

Apex used to do a set of adjustable arms with rubber (rather than rose-joints). I had a set fitted to Precious for years and they were as good as, if not better, than OEM arms only much more adjustable, obviously.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    There are some historic threads that have the details but IIRC the basic drop on standard arms is about 40mm before you run out of adjustment.

Apex used to do a set of adjustable arms with rubber (rather than rose-joints). I had a set fitted to Precious for years and they were as good as, if not better, than OEM arms only much more adjustable, obviously.
    All I can find is rose jointed arms guess that’s my only option then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    The supplier for the rubber jointed ones is hardrace, you can still get them directly (these are what Apex sold in the first place anyway)

http://www.hardrace.co.uk/nissan.html?cat=964

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin101 View Post
    The supplier for the rubber jointed ones is hardrace, you can still get them directly (these are what Apex sold in the first place anyway)

http://www.hardrace.co.uk/nissan.html?cat=964
    They're feckin' expensive compared to what I paid (although it was a few years ago). Think I paid £375 for a full set of fronts and rears.

Rides
    I believe you can still get the full set for around that price. ~375 ish. Give hardrace a call or someone who sells their products and they should offer you the set.

If I remember right, Matas on here got his bushed set through slide motorsport for that price.

Rides
    Can’t fault the apex/hardrace ones no more noise than stock is say and don’t rattle and clunk like sperical bearings do after a bit of use

I’m sure I payed just over 400 for tension,bump steer ends ,toe ,traction and camber arms I think that was all from apex

I think Hdev do hardrace aswell