Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The s13 "retro" build ish...

Rides
    Only update is one of the ssrs is past trying to refurbish, asking a pal if he can skim the face of the lips past the pitted marks if not nees to find one and cba importing so bit down with that so no progress, same as cant find a bwave wing ither...

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Rides
    could you grind out the pit marks and weld them back up then have them faced?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jdm_virgin View Post
    could you grind out the pit marks and weld them back up then have them faced?
    Yeah i could but cost and actually finding someone close that will do it, my welding is of a 5 year old so kinda ****ed

Rides
    This car used to be mine, I like what you're doing with it. Glad it's back on SXOC.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    This car used to be mine, I like what you're doing with it. Glad it's back on SXOC.
    Yeah? Can tell its been looked after haha, thanks, got any history or info on it? Looked through paper work yesterday says stage 2 chip yet i was told stage one so unsure haha

Rides
    No history. I bought and fitted a stage 2 chip and had the car full stage 2. The guy you bought the car off de tuned it to stage one, probably because I think the turbo smoked so it was cheaper for him to put smaller turbo back on and go to stage one. Put simply, your car is stage one.

Rides
    No history. I bought and fitted a stage 2 chip and had the car full stage 2. The guy you bought the car off de tuned it to stage one, probably because I think the turbo smoked so it was cheaper for him to put smaller turbo back on and go to stage one. Put simply, your car is stage one.
    Clears everything up then cheers

Rides
    Got the lights on now with side lights wired in looking way better, also decided to get the ssrs powder coated as two of the dishes where beyond tying to fix to polish got local company to try something new hopfuly looks good not the path i wanted but with a budget best i can do.

Got a good blast yesterday really need to fix speedo and paint the center consol black, also need a new gear knob and gator any one recommended some? Also got informed the spoiler im after isnt a bwave but another name i cant remember but basicly a three piece duck trail, unfortunately hard to find i see super made i think make a smiler one or origan did but no idea on what other body kit makers made spoilers.

Will update with pics tomorrow

Rides
    So few things to update on, had to drop off bolts to the guys doing my wheels so got to see them, all that hand polishing for nothing 🤦*♂️ but made there job easier, wheels getting done today so results soon, also after a session on yahoo auctions i found this bad boy spoiler that ive been after, so currently purchasing it.

Rides
    That ducktail is AWESOME. You're making mine look like weak sauce.

I'm loving the retro theme, this build is right up my alley. I hope to see this in the metal one day!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbothemagnificent View Post
    That ducktail is AWESOME. You're making mine look like weak sauce.

I'm loving the retro theme, this build is right up my alley. I hope to see this in the metal one day!
    Yeah I'm in love with it haha, na jimbo yours is awesome! Yeah I've been heavily influenced by some cars I've seen in Japan and funnily synthwave music haha just disappointed in the wheels wish I could afford what I wanted to do, wheels almost done tho so soon see them.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Update post!

Speedo is fixed!!! Ended up the speed sensor when I first checked it it was workimg bust second time wasn't so thrilled I have a speedo also wheels getting picked up today but here's pics I got sent

Rides
    I like the glittery paint on the lips, don't know what the technical term is.

Rides
    I like the glittery paint on the lips, don't know what the technical term is.
    Holographic I'm pretty sure there was a lot of names with holo in it

Rides
    So had a wee brake to Glasgow to see some pals and took the Nissan after getting the new shoes on, I completely got the tyre size wrong but not as bad looking as I thought.

Everyone down Glasgow way seamed to love the s13, even the petrol station that wouldnt let go of my exhaust untill the bracket snapped, so had a casual Halfords car park fix and was sorted, haven had much good photo opertunitys but here's some, also couldnt believe how well the Nissan went didn't miss a beat!

Rides
    ****ed it.....

Think this was not helped from that bloody petrol station... Sounds like a tractor... Pulls like a tractor give in. Makes matters worse missis quit her job and now the cats gone missing grrrrr

Rides
    Bastard Saturday job. Have you done one before?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by skyshack View Post
    Bastard Saturday job. Have you done one before?
    No not yet

Rides
    3 approaches.

1: Take engine out.
    2: Take whole manifold/turbo/elbow off.
    3: Turbo gasket only.

1: Access is so much better. As you don't know how it comes out and goes back in allow 2 days, one to get it out and one to put it back. You get to change the gearbox oil at the same time.
    2: 2 nuts behind turbo are a ring spanner job, rear one 1/12th turn at a time. First time allow a whole day. Exhaust elbow studs prone to shear off.
    3: You can get to 3 nuts, inner front one requires a socket and wobble joint but the inner rear one is a pig (though yours may have fallen off already). Requires a cut down spanner - get a cheap set from pound shop. Questionable how tight you can do it up, can't get hand down there to hold spanner and get a bar in to lever on it. If you don't get it properly tight the gasket blows again so you do 2.

Rides
    Get a half moon ring spanner I think they are 13mm.