Thread: Corbeau Sportline RRS advice please

Rides

Corbeau Sportline RRS advice please

Guys in need of some advice. I read on here that the Corbeau Sportline RRS seats fit an S14a as an aftermarket seat choice. Please can somebody be kind enough to explain what I need to fit these bad boys into my S14a ?

thank you so much for your time in advance.

Xcapade

Rides
    You can fit virtually any base-mount or side-mount seat in your car, you just need a seat rail to match it. However I wouldn't recommend fitting base-mount seats in an S-body unless you're a midget. It's really difficult to get any base-mount seat to sit anywhere near as low as the standard seat. Hence why most folk fit side-mount bucket seats.

Rides
    Thank you so much . Will the side Mount brackets work with the Corbeau seats and could you recommend where to get a set from ? I'm 6ft 2 and weigh approx 95kg

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by xcapade View Post
    Thank you so much . Will the side Mount brackets work with the Corbeau seats and could you recommend where to get a set from ? I'm 6ft 2 and weigh approx 95kg
    The seats you mentioned are basemount, and I wouldn't recommend them for someone your height. I'm 6 ft and I dabbled with a pair of Corbeau targa seats a few years ago on a homemade rail (lower than the rail you can buy) and it was still too high.
    Side-mount seats can sit so much lower because the rails fit either side of the seat so the seat can sit right down between the rails almost touching the floor. If you're a racing-snake you'll be able to get a slim enough seat to fit between the rails.

Driftworks sell side-mount seat rails and seats too. Do a google on basemount and sidemount seats and do some research before you buy anything.

Rides
    This is about as low as you can get if you can live without adjustment

http://www.plantedtechnology.com/pro...ger-right.html

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by handsomedez View Post
    The seats you mentioned are basemount, and I wouldn't recommend them for someone your height. I'm 6 ft and I dabbled with a pair of Corbeau targa seats a few years ago on a homemade rail (lower than the rail you can buy) and it was still too high.
    Side-mount seats can sit so much lower because the rails fit either side of the seat so the seat can sit right down between the rails almost touching the floor. If you're a racing-snake you'll be able to get a slim enough seat to fit between the rails.

Driftworks sell side-mount seat rails and seats too. Do a google on basemount and sidemount seats and do some research before you buy anything.
    Thank you so much . I will check driftworks out and look into side mounts . Would you have any recommendations on the seats based on the style I really like .

Rides
    Thank you so much