Thread: anyone running yokohama ad08r's on their daily?

Rides

anyone running yokohama ad08r's on their daily?

As title :-)

Just wondering wether to splash out on some decent rubber for my s14a. Will be running 225 40 18 front and 255 35 18 rears on my advan model 5's

Been using vredstein vorti's the last few years. Really like them and swap them for winter wheels/tyres over the shiter months :-) just wondering wether to try something a bit more hard core for fast road driving,

Oh and i dont drift, so just after handling and grip ;-)

Rides
    I ran them, and would recommend them unreservedly Cracking tyre!

Rides
    I've been researching tyres for my s14a, not sure about Yokohama's but Michellen Pilot Sport 4, Continental Sport Contact 5, Goodyear Assy 3's, Falken Azenis FK510 and Uniroyal Rainsport 3 are very good tyres, listed in best performance and price order too.

Goodyear are probably the best all rounders and good for price and wear. The continentals are great but wear quickly. The Rainsports are the best in the wet and the Michelin will be the most expensive but are seriously good tyres.

Rides
    Cheers guys. I ran uni 3's they are good especially as an all year tyre but side walls are to soft, i run goodyear winter/all weather tyres for crappyier weather.

To be honest the vreds are good and very underated. But as i run sets of wheels i kinda looking for something more grippy ;-)

Rides
    Pilot Sport 4 are good, but nowhere near as grippy as the AD08R

Rides
    How do you find them in the wet? Ok sensible normal driving?

Rides
    Haven't used the AD08Rs in the wet yet (they on my S14), but I've got the Pilot Sport 4 on my daily Merc E350 and they're excellent all rounders

Rides
    I'm also running Pilot Sport 4's on my daily. As Ben says, they're excellent all rounders. Very good wet and dry grip, and the sidewalls are lovely and smooth

Rides
    Running AD08R's. Can't fault them

Rides
    i

Rides
    We're running Yokohama Advan v103S on the wife's Impreza 225/40R17s and they are much more grippy in the wet than Goodyear Asyms and they've worn really well.

Rides
    Good to know! :-)

After reviews, thoughts above! I will take a gamble for some ad08r's once i get the wheels referbed. Like i said ive got a winter set of wheels n tyres so ive got a full.set to fall back on over the winter. Just want to make the most of the sx and all its mods. Thats if all goes well with the engine re-fresh. Hopefully back on the road early next week. Should have had it back by the weekend if my mechanic hadnt found one of the new installed valve guides had a chunk missing. So its been sent back to the company that skimmed and worked on it to sort