Thread: Performance Direct Insurance - Avoid at all costs..

West Country Rep
    Rides

Performance Direct Insurance - Avoid at all costs..

Do not go with this company under any circumstances!

I was taking out an insurance policy on the S15 and it came up at £330 for the year. I took the policy and i rang them up and verified a few details, after about 10 minutes on the phone the women said there was a mistake on the policy with the details i have given her, so i thought it was just a general error on my behalf. Three days later and now they have told me it was incorrect details and they have cancelled my policy and told me i need to do the policy and they are taking out £65 quid as it was a cancellations fee and was an error on my behalf, now i'm stuck in limbo with them taking money out (which i'm getting back via the bank anyway) and unable to insure the car until they have refunded me (up to 14 days).

I normally look at reviews for insurance companies well in advance but i will never deal with this utter sh*t company again.
    Last edited by Murt; 16-04-2018 at 15:05.

West Country REO

Rides
    What was the error?

West Country Rep
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    What was the error?
    First it was the car was coming up incorrect (coming up as a non turbo), yet dvla states that isn't the case, then it was "the car had modifications on the car that wasn't declared", the car was last insured in 2014 and the car has completely changed since then, all the mods that was listed aren't on the car anymore.

Now i'm checking insurance quotes and they have almost doubled, which means they have more than likely put a flag on my number plate.

Looks like legal action will have to be taken against them at this rate.

West Country REO

Rides
    I don't understand, did you give them a correct list of modifications when you took out your cover?

West Country Rep
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    I don't understand, did you give them a correct list of modifications when you took out your cover?
    I did yes.

The basics are i declared the modifications, and the broker was the same (axa modified) as when i was with Sky insurance came back and said there should be more modifications declared. The last time i took out an insurance policy was 2014 with Sky insurance.

So the modifications have changed (in nearly 4 years), i declared current modifications, they went off of a list from 2014 and said i didn't declare mods on the new policy on a list they had from 2014, make sense?

West Country REO

Rides
    I bet you dont get anywhere, there will be some magical lack of call details or something just appear.
    I just got off the phone moaning at vodaphone, they have been charging me for a mobile number i did not order for ages now, i spoke to them last year about removing it and was told it would be done.. guess what, today "ohh we have no record of your call".

liers.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Murt View Post
    I did yes.

The basics are i declared the modifications, and the broker was the same (axa modified) as when i was with Sky insurance came back and said there should be more modifications declared. The last time i took out an insurance policy was 2014 with Sky insurance.

So the modifications have changed (in nearly 4 years), i declared current modifications, they went off of a list from 2014 and said i didn't declare mods on the new policy on a list they had from 2014, make sense?
    I understand now, much clearer. Bullshit situation, hope you get somewhere.

Rides
    Have you complained?

West Country Rep
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Have you complained?
    Working with the bank at the moment about it

West Country REO

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Sounds like one for the onbudsman to me, particularly as you are now seeing much higher quotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    You have to follow a complaints process. You can't just jump to "ombudsman" mode.

I'm not clear on why the bank are involved unless he paid on a card and even then they will only help with fee recovery under distance selling rules.

Axa Modified will be the underwriter I suspect. Performance Direct and Sky are brokers.

I would have spoken/emailed Axa Modified (copying Performance Direct) and offered for them to send someone out to check the car over for mods as "the mods I have declared are what is on the car today"....unless of course I might have forgotten some of them ?

If the car was originally a non-turbo, you should have declared the turbo as a mod even if DVLA know its now a turbo.