Thread: Need help on S14 wheel bearings!

Rides

Need help on S14 wheel bearings!

Hi guys, I have an S14A...
    And I brought a wheel bearing from garage D but seems to be different fitments complety
    Does anyone know where I can find the correct ones so I can get ASAP? E.G eurocar parts etc

Here are two photos of ones of my car and the new one I ordered from garage d
    https://imgur.com/a/5zc1o
    Thanks
    Last edited by bradmcanus; 15-04-2018 at 17:23.

Rides
    They look the same to me, what exactly is different? Have you actually physically tried swapping the hub from the old to new one?

Rides
    No not yet, when you put them side by side they’re complete differmt fitment size and dept size
    The one on the car at the moment is a lot longer while the new one is smaller, and the bolt sizes are different

Rides
    You haven't bought the full hub bearing assembly, just the bearing where it bolts to the car. You'll need to get the hub pressed out of the old bearing and then pressed into the new bearing. A garage should do it for about a tenner, would take them 10 mins probably.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by handsomedez View Post
    You haven't bought the full hub bearing assembly, just the bearing where it bolts to the car. You'll need to get the hub pressed out of the old bearing and then pressed into the new bearing. A garage should do it for about a tenner, would take them 10 mins probably.
    Yes I understand but my question is the bearing that bolts to the car is different from the one that’s already fitted
    The new one is a lot smaller length ways and the bolts don’t match to the current ones that’s fitted
    Thanks

Rides
    I can see theres a big difference. The distance between the bolt holes looks smaller and the bolt holes are smaller as well. Definitely not going to fit into the knuckle. Unfortunately I wouldn't know where to get one except online.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Yeah quite annoying :/
    You wouldn’t be able to recommend any websites for the correct ones?
    Been looking but only seem to find the smaller sizes :/

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by bradmcanus View Post
    No not yet, when you put them side by side they’re complete differmt fitment size and dept size
    The one on the car at the moment is a lot longer while the new one is smaller, and the bolt sizes are different
    Ah, I see! It’s possible that Garage D have just picked and despatched the wrong unit, hopefully they’ll have the correct one in stock and ship it immediately!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by hooky View Post
    Ah, I see! It’s possible that Garage D have just picked and despatched the wrong unit, hopefully they’ll have the correct one in stock and ship it immediately!

Ah that’s reassuring, phoned them today but seemed like they didn’t look at the picture properly to notice the difference!
    Hopefully all is good

Thanks for the quick reply’s and help

Rides
    For future reference if you're wanting brand new, this is what I went for: http://www.hardrace.co.uk/hardrace-7...l-bearing.html
    Last edited by BLAKTOOTH; 16-04-2018 at 17:01.

Rides
    Ah I see, I get you now. Looked the same in the pics, didn't realise it was smaller. Maybe one from a 350z or other RWD Nissan?

Quote Originally Posted by bradmcanus View Post
    Yes I understand but my question is the bearing that bolts to the car is different from the one that’s already fitted
    The new one is a lot smaller length ways and the bolts don’t match to the current ones that’s fitted
    Thanks

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by handsomedez View Post
    Ah I see, I get you now. Looked the same in the pics, didn't realise it was smaller. Maybe one from a 350z or other RWD Nissan?
    Gotta proper look at it to notice it aha!
    But could be, garage D are checking tomorrow so fingers crossed

Thanks

Rides
    Give Conceptua tuning a call, they are based in Brixham, Devon.
    They have a shop on eBay too that might be worth browsing through, I know they sell wheel bearings and their listing might tell you if they have them in stock.
    I've used them several times before and always found them very helpful.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk