Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS13/ S13 wheel offsets

Rides

PS13/ S13 wheel offsets

Hi all,

im currently on the market for some new rims for the PS, i have swapped for 5 stud all round and refuse to use the overfenders but could roll/ pull the arches if needed.
    my question is what offsets/ specs are you guys running for 17 or 18" rims? im looking for as much dish as possible on the rim.

thanks
    Ben

Rides
    18x9 are a good size et20 means no spacers to clear coilovers or calipers.
    I have a set of brand new xxr 527d in titanium black for sale if your interested.

Rides
    PMed

Rides
    I have 7j et 0 195 55 15 on mine, very tight fitment on stock arches. If you put that fitment size into willtheyfit.com and then play around with other sizes you'll get some perfect fitment. I do have -7 front camber and -3 rear though

Rides
    Thanks for the info JB, in your opinion if your rims were a further 29mm sticking out on the rear with rolled and pulled arches would it look like they would possibly fit?
    also out of curiosity roughly how close is the shock to the inner rim?

Thanks matey

Rides
    Theres a lot of things to factor in and what look you ideally want to go for. Yes 7j will fit but there some skinny arse wheels for sure.

Rides
    9's all round ftw. Like I messaged you before.

Rides
    Completely agree, the look im after is super flush fit which probably would require rolling and pulling of the arch but i don't want to drill and attach some arch extensions.

Thanks ian but even though the 9s fit all day long with no mods id like a more staggered look but not render the bugger useless like these stance boys, the set i have my heart on are the Work D7Rs front 18x9.5 ET23 and rear 18x10.5 ET15 but like i say i don't want to render the thing un-drivable

Rides
    im not sure a 10.5 et 15 will go on the back with metal arches without a decent flare, unless you have wild camber.

my xd9's are 9.5 et 17 with a 225/45 tyre and wanted a good pull.

Rides
    Ohh really, hmm well i was expecting to give the arches a good bit of pulling but it may look like it may need more than i was expecting. there is an option of ET23 in the 10.5 width which will move in more but it may then foul the coilover........
    my head hurts

Rides
    Do you have 9.5 on the front as well?

Rides
    I did, but with a 5mm spacer so effectively et12,to clear the coilovers with a 215 tyre they kind of fit under metal front wings if you flatten the lips and pull them out a lot with your hands.

I then put some wider vented FRP front wings on and had loads of clearance but found it made my car look stupid as the front was wider than the rear.

I use my car for drifting so wheel clearance is a big issue as I have good amounts of lock.

Rides
    Ahh i see, my method behind the madness is to have ET23 up front which gives me abit of room for fine tuning with a spacer and ET15 out back which I've seen some have fitted with stock arches (rolled and pulled).
    Mines more of a enjoy driving it from A to B in nice weather sort of thing, i won't be purposely taking out drifting on track so no need for super lock mods.

did you run much camber to tuck into the arches abit more?

Rides
    it would probably be around 2 degree front and 0.5 rear camber, which is a fairly normal drift setup. for a grip car I would be at maybe 1,5 degree rear camber depending on what the squat was like.

for a fast road car I would be trying to squeeze the biggest tyres possible onto it , the Nissan road racing forum might be a decent place to look,

what kind of power is it putting down?

Rides
    Ya i don't want to run crazy camber on the back as its just a road car but a nice looking amount to still maintain a functioning car.

the old girl is standard at the second but the finished setup will be the usual bolt on mods and possibly a boost increase, id be happy with a 350bhp so nothing crazy.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ps13ben View Post
    Completely agree, the look im after is super flush fit which probably would require rolling and pulling of the arch but i don't want to drill and attach some arch extensions.

Thanks ian but even though the 9s fit all day long with no mods id like a more staggered look but not render the bugger useless like these stance boys, the set i have my heart on are the Work D7Rs front 18x9.5 ET23 and rear 18x10.5 ET15 but like i say i don't want to render the thing un-drivable
    Yeah flanders are cheap and nasty looking stay away from that shit dude !!!

You know what i don't think you would be far off with them sizes you might need to go for a et12 up front to help the car look even but you shouldn't be to far off fitting them. Go for a 215/35 tyre up front and a 225/40 tyre out back and they should slip on with a decent pull / flare.

I have a S13 running 18x9.5 et -10 up front and 18x10.5 et 0 out back and i run same tyre sizes i posted above. Now i have 25mm fenders up front and 30mm out back but if we take into account your wheels will sit 25mm plus further into the archs that negates my wider wings and your rears will be 15mm further in so all your rear pull is trying to find is 15mm wich is relatively easy to get. Im running 7 degree camber up front and 2.5 degree in this pic as i was previously running larger tyres but 1 degree is where ill be setting it at now i have smaller tyres and the room to do that.

Jaymo's PS13 up front is on a whole other level if you wanted fit like that haha

Rides

18x10.5 et15 with a small flare rear, 18x9.5 et12 front with 20mm fenders
    Last edited by MEL; 23-04-2018 at 10:00.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by lewys14a View Post
    Theres a lot of things to factor in and what look you ideally want to go for. Yes 7j will fit but there some skinny arse wheels for sure.
    You're missing the point. Just because they're skinny doesnt mean they would fit, offset is important aswell. My car is stock arches, if he was to take my fitment, then play around with willtheyfit.com you can get awesome fitment.

Rides
    Ohh thanks gents that’s a brilliant bit of piece of mind, judging from both of your fitments it’s exactly what I’m after so I’ll go ahead and order the rims today.
    Driftworks are telling me it can be upto a 6 month lead time for delivery which hurts my bloody soul but I can’t find anyone else in this country that can buy them straight from Work in Japan

Just my luck

Quote Originally Posted by jbsauce View Post
    You're missing the point. Just because they're skinny doesnt mean they would fit, offset is important aswell. My car is stock arches, if he was to take my fitment, then play around with willtheyfit.com you can get awesome fitment.
    I knew what you meant there man, I used your specs and it showed me exactly how it will sit in respect to your fitment. I was just after backing that up with some real life stories ha

Rides
    Aye man, that reply was more directed at the lad that thinks numbers are far more important.

Ill be going wider on the back soon anyway but with a little high offset, which will stretch the tyre and give me less camber. Tyre stretch plays a who deal too, which is why I gave you my tyre size too to compare where the side wall will be