Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: virbra techinc engine mounts! anyone use them?

Rides
    I would recommend perfectrun over RHDJapan.

I emailed RHDJapan about stock on an item, no reply after 3 months, perfectrun replied the next day.

Rides
    cheers for all the input/suggestions guys, made a decision at last and taken the plunge with the vibra technics drift max engine mounts (the softer of the 2 available)all being well the sx will be back on the road by the end of next week so i will post up how they feel/perform etc (if anyone is interetsed???)

cheers again Stu

Rides
    Hi mate, just wondering if ya managed to get the car on the road an see what them mounts are like? Im looking on buying the same ones this week!
    Thanks

Rides
    Hi fella. They have been fitted but car is not back on the road yet. Still at the mechanics,been one issue after another! Should have been done and up and running last week. Latest issue looks like some t##t at the garage has pinched the jerry can of fuel i took to them as the tank was pretty empty, but did t just pinch it but filled the can back up with water :-( but still waiting on the verdict!!!

Rides
    Ahh nightmare! Did they put the water in the tank? An as for the mounts i might just buy new oem, dnt really want vibs from the car an im not really going for much power, 300 at a max like

Rides
    Yep! So hoping they havent f##ked something up. Either with the dodgy fuel or running it dry in the 1st place!

Re the mounts . Im only running around 300bhp on hdev stage 2a chip n mods. I was gonna go hard race but lots have said they do transmit noise. Looked at oem equivalent from conceptua, but all the right ups i came across for the vibra technic ones were positive and i was impressed with the quality of them when i bought them. Just wish i could see how they been far to long without my car now :-(

Rides
    No good that, hopefully they never tried to start it with the dodgey mixture!
    Thanks for the advise on the mounts i will look into it more, an hopefully youll be on the road in no time!

Rides
    They did! Last i herd was they had drained the fuel and were just waiting on getting starter motor back after a referb. Im away in stratford so feel helpless and frustrated! :-(

Rides
    Are they giving you any discount on the work they have done? As they made that error its costing you time without it
    Yeah nothing worse than when its out of your hands an nothing you can do, hopefully it will be sound!

Rides
    The couple of drives i have had with the now fitted vibra technic mounts they seem good. Defo some vibration on idle. Not noisey can just feel it through the car sitting at lights etc. But once on the move, revs up above 1000rpm and nothing. With the time.its taken to get my car back i may aswell have orders the nismo' s. Car still of the road, the rust is serious, one new cill is needed, both cill ends in the rear arch need rebuilding,and about a 3rd of one cill needs replacing. And still got a misfire, hoping its fooked coilpacks. Hopefully new ones arrive this week.