Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: virbra techinc engine mounts! anyone use them?

Rides

virbra techinc engine mounts! anyone use them?

Engine will be coming out this week to have new piston rings and crank bearings replaced ( i know its only doing half a job but its the direction i can afford to take at the moment! )

As the engine is coming out im looking to uprate the engine mounts. I dont want it super solid or to raise the engine as im running gktech fan and oem fan shroud. Its a tight fit so hardrace mounts are a no go. Vibra technic claim theirs dont raise the engine and a pretty good at not transmitting extra vibration and noise. So is anyone running them? If so what do you think?

Cheers stu

Rides
    I couldn’t warrant spending over £200 on engine mounts so have never tried the vibratechnics. These are what me and a mate have fitted

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F262864678151

I’m used to solid engine mounts so was pretty happy with these, my mate is used to oem mounts so noticed extra vibration but was happy to live with it due to the saving. I think on his his engine actually dropped a little although that can be spaced back up with extra washers, mine was raised but I used them on a rb25det so just cut 12mm off of mine and haven’t had any issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    I have them on my S15 and im happy bunny Previously had the hardrace and it was waaayyy to much for me

Rides
    I put nismos's in mine and you could hardly tell the difference from stock very good

Rides
    Nismo for stock like feel/road car. VT's for track car. I'm happy with my VT box and motor mounts but my car's very track focussed.

Rides
    Cheers guys.

Blacktooth, which vt mounts are you using the the drift or the stiffer drift max?

Rides
    Its looking like the nismo mounts are going to cost more than the vt ones :-( anyone got any cheaper places than frs sport to get some?

Rides
    How much are the OEM, I'm sure brand spankers will firm everything up compared to 20year old ones.
    I bought shite ones before the nismos's and they literally shook the car to death. It was awful would not wish that on anyone, so think about what you use it for.

Rides
    I’m going from hardrace to vibra technics purely because the harder rubber mounts raised my engine and made my vented bonnet rest on the engine!

My cars far from stock and I do the occasional track day but I still went for the road mounts as I hate vibration.

Rides
    Do the nismo mounts raise the engine like the hardrace ones?

Rides
    using the vt mounts in mine along with gktech fan and fan cowling with no problems. another small advantage of having the vt mounts are that they are tiny compared to oem style mounts. gives you more room if need to work around that area of the engine.

Rides
    How do you find them?

Rides
    decent. had nismos in there before and i prefer the vt's

Rides
    Cool. Thanks for that nash's. I know they are expensive. But ive been wanting to upgrade. But rather pay and get some decent ones. I would go nismo if i could get them in the uk. I can get vt ones next day and engine hopefully should be getting sorted by the end of the week so need something asap

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nash`s View Post
    decent. had nismos in there before and i prefer the vt's

I'v had Nismo's in previous car and they are on my shopping list for current car.
    Curious why you prefer VT over Nismo's?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sxstu View Post
    Cheers guys.

Blacktooth, which vt mounts are you using the the drift or the stiffer drift max?
    Drift. Was advised not to go Drift Max as they're nearly solid.

Rides
    Immy. Its a case of getting hold of nismo's. Only place ive come across was frs sport in the states.

Rides
    3 Piece set from RHDjapan £180 inc delivery but + tax's

https://www.rhdjapan.com/nismo-engin...5-sr20det.html

Rides
    Ive emailed rhd to see how long it would take to ship to the uk. Like i said i would like to get mounts asap so as they can be easyly fitted while engine is out. Ive a friend with a friend who may be able to do me a good deal on the vt ones.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Latye to paerty but had VT's on my 350, they were very good indeed. Not cheap, but its not like youll be replacing them anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go