Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F1 2018 Thread - possible spoilers!

Rides

F1 2018 Thread - possible spoilers!

No thread yet? Anyone excited?

Looks like it could be a three way fight between redbull, Ferrari and Merc!

Theres a GP predictor avilable here by the looks of it!

https://gppredictor.com/leagues/join...7ee9a3030556c6

Rides
    Feels like it's been away forever! Looking forward to it.

Hoping to see McLaren do well, however the testing was somewhat concerning.

Rides
    Those bloody halos.

I don't think RB will be in the fight other than the odd win when something goes tits up for the other two. I'm not even convinced Ferrari will be that close.

We shall see.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I think that mclaren will be quickish but fragile, the smoke on the ferrari engined cars looks worrying too. Got to be another merc year I think.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I don’t fancy mclarens chances tbh.

Toro Rossi Honda look in good shape (was always sceptical mclarens downfall was purely Honda related)

Lewis is still a twat

Williams look in terrible shape, I’m not buying into kubica being anything but a test driver, I think the team should have gone with Wherein personally but oh well.

Rides
    Haas looking good.

Deffo want to see Vettel lose his shit again.

Rosberg a pundit for sky throwing around sound bites on how to beat Lewis. Just GTFO.

Really hope Mclaren can be up there and consistent.

Bottas to be more of the same. Merc have obviously worked alot of race pace as it was their weaker side last year.

Probably the last season where the Redbull drivers talking to each other.
    Max is a ruthless little cnut and RB clearly favour him. Think Danny may be at Merc next year.

Ahhhh the Halo.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Second practice seems to be telling the story. Not sure Ferrari haven't got a little more about them.

Rides
    Well that answers that then!

Can't tell the difference cleanhands's Avatar
    Rides
    GOAT yet?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Unbelievable lap but you'd have to suggest the car was turned up no matter what he says
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Unbelievable lap but you'd have to suggest the car was turned up no matter what he says
    Apparently Toto did Lewis' legs and stated shortly after, there is a party mode.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Suprises of the weekend are HAAS if they can keep it up! Maclaren have no where to hide now - Unless they catch redbull over the new few races they are doing shit!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    You'd use it in the first run of Q3 too though, surely. Otherwise you'd have another Bottas style incident and you've lost your chance to use it.

It wouldn't make sense.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Fair comment if it’s the same engine map then he was ballistic

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Meh, the cars need to be able to follow closer.

Rides
    Bit dull wasn't it. I get why VSC is a good thing and I get why SC is required; but surely the point of VSC is to neutralise without affecting the outcome. How does that deliver?

Rides
    Wasn't the most exciting ever - that track just doesn't work for an aero formula to have fun racing.

On the plus side, cars look pretty close, McLaren are not a lost cause, it's generally looking up!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Bit dull wasn't it. I get why VSC is a good thing and I get why SC is required; but surely the point of VSC is to neutralise without affecting the outcome. How does that deliver?
    Its all about risk, if there was no VSC Vettel would have struggled to get on the podium, Merc also messed up their calcs so thought they had enough time to still come out in front. If there was not VSC and Vettel came 4th everyone would be saying the Ferrari strategy was wrong. The conspirists are already saying its strange how the Ferrari B team did the same mistake twice to cause the VSC, they obviously had to have 2 goes at it as Magnesson didnt park his car in a dangerous enough place the first time

Singapore 2008 anyone
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Not a bad race I suppose, still looks like they have trouble following each other though.

What REALLY did my swede in though was that Crofty and Brundle didnt seem to be able to understand why Vettel managed to come out in front of Hamilton - they were suggesting that the pitlane was faster, there was some kind of timing problem and all sorts. Is it really that difficult to suss that if a pit window is 20 seconds, then when the cars are doing 50% speed its only 10 seconds?

Obviously, as Toto then comes out and starts banging on about a calculations and a software issue .......... but unless they got Lewis 10 seconds out front and then told him to slow down I cant see that either, they didnt call the Safety Car and they didnt call Ferraris pitstop. Or is the Merc that much faster they are sandbagging after it gets a pitstop ahead?
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Not a bad race I suppose, still looks like they have trouble following each other though.

What REALLY did my swede in though was that Crofty and Brundle didnt seem to be able to understand why Vettel managed to come out in front of Hamilton - they were suggesting that the pitlane was faster, there was some kind of timing problem and all sorts. Is it really that difficult to suss that if a pit window is 20 seconds, then when the cars are doing 50% speed its only 10 seconds?

Obviously, as Toto then comes out and starts banging on about a calculations and a software issue .......... but unless they got Lewis 10 seconds out front and then told him to slow down I cant see that either, they didnt call the Safety Car and they didnt call Ferraris pitstop. Or is the Merc that much faster they are sandbagging after it gets a pitstop ahead?
    This made me laugh as I was thinking exactly the same thing, i think toto was making any bullshit up to seem like it’s their mistake, not that Lewis didn’t maximise his outlaps enough.