Thread: Stay Well Away From Flux!

Rides

Stay Well Away From Flux!

I took out a policy with adrian flux last year on my daily when losing my private company vehicle and when taking out the policy I had 7 years no claims on a private company vehicle.

They accepted a form of evidence my boss provided and sent me a letter saying they would accept the proof of no claims bonus.

Now this year my renewal came through and it was almost the same as last year? thought that was strange

I looked at the no claims on my renewal and it said 1 years no claims I rang them straight away and said they have made a mistake and they said sorry but company car no claims can not be used on a private car!!? well it said nothing about that in the no claims acceptance letter or in the phone calls!

to make things worse the company I worked for have gone bust so there is no way of getting the proof of no claims bonus on my private company vehicle and Adrian flux will not provide the proof of no claims on the company vehicle! and they have no started to ignore my emails also

Now I understand that company car no claims cannot be transferred to a private car but this was a private company vehicle in my name and address, I was the only driver so that is exactly the same as private no claims bonus.

so I have now lost 7 years no claims because of adrian flux and will no way be able to insure my Silvia when I finish it

Rides
    Could you just explain what you mean by a private company vehicle ?

Do you mean your company gave you an allowance and you had to provide a car with business cover on the insurance and pay for the insurance yourself ?

Rides
    I'm a bit lost as well, what name was on the V5, it's either a private or a company vehicle, can't be both?

I had similar when I insured a second car, because I could not use NCB from my main policy I got a letter from HR to say I had been insured on company vehicles for 10 years and the insurance (not Flux) gave me 5 years introductory NCB. When I ended the policy after 2 years, they would only issue 2 years NCB, not 7, because they said the 5 was an offer from them and not accrued. Made not much difference to me, but would have been nice to have it explained from the start.
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    scottie that's exactly what has happened to me but was not clearly explained from the start which is what I find really annoying, I had a letter stating the proof of no claims was accepted and I though that was that, nothing else was said until My renewal this year, by then they have already had my cash.

Jonny It was a works vehicle but was purely mine to use so nobody else ever drove it and I paid tax for private use also.

Rides
    To be fair to flux this is common practice and have experienced this with other companies too, if they allow you to use a form of no claims that normally you couldn’t it’s only with that company and non transferable to other companies as they’ve allowed it at their discretion.

I think the question everyone’s asking is was it your car the the company paid you an allowance to use it for work purposes, or was it the companies car and you had use of it (for whatever reasons). If it’s was the companies car and insured on commercial policy etc then you’re lucky you got to use the bonus for a year to be honest, other companies wouldn’t of let you do this and hence why flux can’t allow you to take the NCD to another company, in a way in insurances you would’ve laundered your NCD and used a non acceptable form of NCD, cleaned it with flux then taken it to another company clean. I am surprised they didn’t allow you to keep using the NCD whilst you stayed insured with them, that’s what I had before so stayed with the company I had to for 3 years so when I left I had 3 years NCD instead of zero but carried on using the Company NCD on that policy for the 3 year period

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by kingk View Post
    To be fair to flux this is common practice and have experienced this with other companies too, if they allow you to use a form of no claims that normally you couldn’t it’s only with that company and non transferable to other companies as they’ve allowed it at their discretion.

I think the question everyone’s asking is was it your car the the company paid you an allowance to use it for work purposes, or was it the companies car and you had use of it (for whatever reasons). If it’s was the companies car and insured on commercial policy etc then you’re lucky you got to use the bonus for a year to be honest, other companies wouldn’t of let you do this and hence why flux can’t allow you to take the NCD to another company, in a way in insurances you would’ve laundered your NCD and used a non acceptable form of NCD, cleaned it with flux then taken it to another company clean. I am surprised they didn’t allow you to keep using the NCD whilst you stayed insured with them, that’s what I had before so stayed with the company I had to for 3 years so when I left I had 3 years NCD instead of zero but carried on using the Company NCD on that policy for the 3 year period

Yes it was a company vehicle that they leased and I was the only driver.

I understand now that they can't transfer it but at the time of taking the policy out it just wasn't made clear enough that after a year I would only have 1 years private car no claims.

When taking out the policy the gentleman I also spoke to said it would come down considerably next year only to find it dropped by around 20 odd quid?

Rides
    ive not long renewed my insurance on my daily and that has gone up £20, same company, same car just 1 extra years no claims.

my van needs renewing and im guessing that will be the same. its just how it goes.

TBH I found flux expensive for old modified datsuns.

Rides
    If the company leased the car and payed the insurance you don’t really have a leg to stand on

Look at it a different way you got really cheap insurance the first year and normal the second as they didn’t have to accept any of your ncb from my understanding

Rides
    As said above my insurance policy’s all went up this year and I have 11, 8 and 6 years NCD And again as said above I’d be grateful that I had the NCD accepted at all and now have that all important 1 year under my belt to try shopping around. Don’t get me wrong flux have screwed me over in the past (left me driving around uninsured for nearly a year in a works van and also squirmed their way out of a claim when I had my tools stolen from my van) and aren’t always clear on terms and conditions but I think that’s all insurance companies and unfortunately the situation doesn’t seem like it will be getting better any time soon.

Now you have your 1 year though have you tried green light? You get a members discount if you’re a member of sxoc and when I insured my laurel a few weeks ago my best quote was £1250 but green light insured me fully comp for £360 a year, they also have my other car and beat my previous insurer (flux) by £100

Rides
    So, the missing link is this...

The Company took out and paid the insurance so you, as the driver, have no NCD. The fact that no-one else drove it is neither here nor there. Everyone in the company was almost certainly insured to drive it (We used to do weekend-swapsies with my workmates when we had company cars).

Some underwriters offer a booster NCD if you can prove you have driven a company car with no claims made.

Flux is not an underwriter. They are a broker who find the cheapest underwriter for you.

My guess is they found that the cheapest underwriter for the first year was one that offered the booster NCD.

For the second year, they found the cheapest underwriter was one that did not offer the booster.

Either way, when you come to get a letter confirming your NCD so you can take it elsewhere, it will only show the years you have accrued and not the booster.

The above is simply how insurance works. Not defending or attacking Flux.

p.s. It will have been detailed in the small print but probably in wording that would have had you hugging your head after about 20 minutes

Rides
    another big thumbs up for greenlight, i insure my mini, landrover and missus mx5 through them and the service is fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides
    If i remember right, and this is going back a very very long time (19 years iirc) i also saw this.
    Had a company wreck, got a small ncb donation for my own car when i went my own way and couldnt take that portion forward to a new insurance later on.

Standard practise i fink... also standard practice not bothering to mention it when you are taking out the policy.