Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern day 200?

East Central Scotland Rep tinnysteve's Avatar
    Rides
    I really like the mustang but I’m definitely at the age where I want old cars for the nost***ia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Is it genuinely better on fuel than a V8? Other than driving around making rude noises in the V8 which will murder MPG, I wonder if there is much of a difference real world given the mass of the thing?

Rides
    I do a lot of short journeys (which is why a V8 would be extra bad) and its averaging 26mpg which is what i was expecting. I dont see a V8 getting anywhere near that for the same journey. One would have obviously been nice if this wasnt my daily, but there are worse ways of getting to work
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Thats why i went with the NA 2ltr mazda, i do a lot of short trips - my diesel BM was not even half warmed up by the time i got to work.
    I get 28-30mpg with stop start short trips, 40+ easy on the open road and hashing the baws off it i still cant go lower than 38mpg.

My s14 was struggling to do 18mpg on the commute, the e190 i had was even worse around 15, the bmw was about 25mpg.

Rides
    I'm sure 15 yrs ago this thread would have gone off topic to be about bhp or sex by now and not about mpg and the daily commute

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    That colour really suits the car.
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Kerbweight of the Fiesta is a tad under 1200kg and its 200bhp so expect standard S14 performance.

LSD and Launch control an option and will be around £20k
    As it's F***ed WD you mean Toyota Corrola VVTi 190 performance.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13
    your problem is that it would fail the emissions and safety tests, so would need loads of modern mumbo-jumbo bolting onto it making it astmatic and lardy.
    then you have the fact that s13's are actually lethal/comedy handling wise compared to modern stuff that people are used too, that's why they get crashed weeks after being bought by kids who are 'used to fast carz mate' had a gttdi golf innit.
    but yeah, id have a kouki type X that did modern day MPG figures for £23k.. well as long as it didn't have a comedy spec Ariel.

im actually half car shopping at the moment and there is nothing that I actually like.Given that the car only exists as a figment of my imagination all those problems are easily solved
    HR direct injection head would sort emissions and power ~300bhp. Honda Vtec head on SR20VET made 280bhp 16 years ago, direct injection both cleans up the emissions and increases power.

If they can make 6 mode wheelie/race/tour/rain/snow controls for bikes in a system that weighs less than 1kg they can tame the sideways tendency. Just junking the P6000s for TZ200/300 has gone a very long way to fixing mine (stage 0.5) it's really boring and they last 20K miles instead of 10K.

Now safety that ain't easy. Modern crash test requirements have been driving car design and styling for the last 35 years.

Started with Federal impact bumpers. We had about a decade of shit looking cars. They sorted that by fitting body coloured skins just in time for the S13.

Then they came up with frontal impact testing. Most car makers just gave up and went FWD as engine spread the impact into the bulkhead instead of sliding under or into the car. Had to add weight to stiffen up the chassis.

Then side impact. Cars had to get 6 inches wider to fit a "bumper" all round the car. Increased height of glass-line and reduced glass area. Had to add more weight to stiffen up the chassis laterally. Made people carriers/SUV attractive as they still had glass area and a higher floor that took the impact.

Then ped impact. Front of the car had to get flatter and taller, that raised the bonnet line and scuttle.

Rides
    -m-0-m- Wot no CD ?

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    I drove 2 M135i's over the past few weeks. The 8 speed auto is crazy good The torque delivery is insane. It's around the same power to weight as the chaser but feels much faster. Chaser is expected to go this week and after that I'll consider my opions.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by skyshack View Post
    HR direct injection head would sort emissions and power ~300bhp. Honda Vtec head on SR20VET made 280bhp 16 years ago, direct injection both cleans up the emissions and increases power.

If they can make 6 mode wheelie/race/tour/rain/snow controls for bikes in a system that weighs less than 1kg they can tame the sideways tendency. Just junking the P6000s for TZ200/300 has gone a very long way to fixing mine (stage 0.5) it's really boring and they last 20K miles instead of 10K.

Now safety that ain't easy. Modern crash test requirements have been driving car design and styling for the last 35 years.

Started with Federal impact bumpers. We had about a decade of shit looking cars. They sorted that by fitting body coloured skins just in time for the S13.

Then they came up with frontal impact testing. Most car makers just gave up and went FWD as engine spread the impact into the bulkhead instead of sliding under or into the car. Had to add weight to stiffen up the chassis.

Then side impact. Cars had to get 6 inches wider to fit a "bumper" all round the car. Increased height of glass-line and reduced glass area. Had to add more weight to stiffen up the chassis laterally. Made people carriers/SUV attractive as they still had glass area and a higher floor that took the impact.

Then ped impact. Front of the car had to get flatter and taller, that raised the bonnet line and scuttle.
    Ped impact is bloody expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Looks like I am not the only one who thinks this way

http://www.speedhunters.com/2015/02/...an-s16-silvia/

Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Looks like I am not the only one who's wrong

http://www.speedhunters.com/2015/02/...an-s16-silvia/

ftfy

Rides
    It's a good read, that.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    It's a good read, that.
    Yer, read all his other posts on the car yesterday as well. Interesting project.
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Going to be keeping an eye on residuals on these things.

The look of them is really growing on me know. There are a couple that park outside our office and I am loving the blue!

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    There's a red one drives through our village. It picked up some battle scars a few weeks back, too much manfoot

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant teSte View Post
    There's a red one drives through our village. It picked up some battle scars a few weeks back, too much manfoot
    That will be the P-Zeros, things are fooking lethal
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant teSte View Post
    that will be when they go for 2nd gear ,spin the snot out of first stuff it in second and then the thing goes any were but straight
    have to admit I see one recently and it had good presence the styling is getting better with time,
    see a yellow one in the dealership and that didn't look so good, the darker colour's look better

Rides
    As promised some better pics now i have had it a couple of months Fitted a Magnaflow exhaust last week and it now sounds decent as well

Mark is right.