Thread: Car Leasing

Rides

Car Leasing

Hello wise SXOCers

Does anybody lease a company car, or just lease for personal use?

I am due a new company car soon, but it needs to be a 30k p/a agreement.

I'd like a touring bmw derv, as I like them - but they seem to be pricey - does anybody have any cunning techniques on places to ask for bargains?

Ideally maintained excluding tyres for £450 p/m or less.

Cheers for any suggestions!

Rides
    Does CarWow offer deals on leases and stuff??

Rides
    You will find that go for a lower mileage per annum agreement and then pay the extra at the end. A lot of guys at work have found that overall it is cheaper

Rides
    Audis seem to be cheap to lease but it does mean everyone will think you are an *****
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Audis definitely are cheap to lease at the moment for what they are, my brother took delivery today of an A4 estate black edition fully loaded maintenance and tyres included at £250 per month but on 10k per annum. I've got a Skoda superb estate that's also good value but they seem to have put the prices of those right up.

I found the best starting point is the what car leasing website to get a gauge then haggle with various different garages, doesn't need to be close by. Also if you look to do it at the end of the quarter you'll get better deals as although they don't earn commission on PCH it goes towards their overall targets so they're willing to subsidise to hit targets.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Oh also look for 'stock offers', cars that are hanging around that they're often desperate to shift

Rides
    Thing is there is not going to be a lot of residual in a 3-yr-old 100K mile BMW Diseasal burner.

You're going to be OK from a tax point of view with a company car if you genuinely are going to be doing that sort of business mileage.

Sometimes (but only sometimes) you can be better off going for a lower mileage and paying the excess at the end but be very careful as it will depend on your actual mileage.It pays to be realistic about the miles its going to do and not to play too safe.

As already said, Audi will give you the best residuals from the VAG group.

Whatever you do though, as a 3-yr-old car, its going to be a bit baggy by the time you've done those sort of miles in it.

Depending on your circumstances, it might be worth looking at a nearly-new car. 3 yrs on, you'll end up with the same 100K car but it will have cost you a lot less in initial outlay as someone else will have taken the "drive out of the showroom" hit.

Rides
    Thanks all :-)

It's a fully funded by the company vehicle - has to be new and a lease I believe.

Nothing will be worth masses with 90k and 3 years old - I sort of thought this would be german derv estate natural territory though.

It appears it may be if you want VAG, I wonder if BMW are pricing themselves out of the segment on purpose.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    Thanks all :-)

It's a fully funded by the company vehicle - has to be new and a lease I believe.

Nothing will be worth masses with 90k and 3 years old - I sort of thought this would be german derv estate natural territory though.

It appears it may be if you want VAG, I wonder if BMW are pricing themselves out of the segment on purpose.
    Don't think they'd look to price themselves out of the market everything is calculated on residual values, essentially you're paying the depreciation which is obviously quite high on a three year old 100,000 mile car and varies from car to car. Look towards fleet cars as they tend to be the ones that fit into the low depreciation and good value to run bracket and therefore cheap monthly lease with maintenance, when I was looking that was Mazda 6, Kia Optima, Audi A4 and Skoda Superb

Rides
    I agree - I mean if they aim the sticker price at a rate just above A4s for example there's a load of battered rep A4s out there, but BMWs will be either making them more money (BMW this is, not the lease company) or they'll have shiny cars only out there.

Rides
    Some large secondhand dealerships are now struggling to sell ex lease cars as there is a flood of cars coming to 3 yrs old and no buyers. The traditional buyers are all going PCP on new stuff. It's harder to get finance on a 3 yrs old car too.
    Result is new lease cars have no residual especially big milers.
    Shits going to hit the fan soon on PCP, no doubt !
    A big Welsh outfit has already gone under. North Wales was a big market for newish s/h cars.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Some large secondhand dealerships are now struggling to sell ex lease cars as there is a flood of cars coming to 3 yrs old and no buyers. The traditional buyers are all going PCP on new stuff. It's harder to get finance on a 3 yrs old car too.
    Result is new lease cars have no residual especially big milers.
    Shits going to hit the fan soon on PCP, no doubt !
    A big Welsh outfit has already gone under. North Wales was a big market for newish s/h cars.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    It is the next credit crunch. So many people have switched to leasing. As you said, the market is going to be flooded and the residuals are going to tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk