Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S14a value?

Rides
    I'd like to see a tin of custard on the bonnet of that one !

John905's 13K mile mint prefacelift sold for over 9.500 last year. Pretty exceptional though.

The trouble with the T350 is it used TVRs engine. Making their own engine was a stupid move TBF. I know they had to move away from the Rover which was itself a 50s Buick design but instead of trying to design one from scratch they should have just migrated to a Yank short block engine.

The AJP6 and 8 were, frankly, underdeveloped piles of shite designed by a guy they made a career despite being "involved" in number of dubious "unsuccessful ventures" and only a couple of quite successful ones.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    The AJP6 and 8 were, frankly, underdeveloped piles of shite designed by a guy they made a career despite being "involved" in number of dubious "unsuccessful ventures" and only a couple of quite successful ones.
    Well, it's far from a perfect engine but when you get them built properly by places like TVR Power, they are joyous.

Looking forward to seeing the £15k S13.
    Last edited by piman2k; 22-02-2018 at 07:20.

Rides
    People undervaluing cars is what drags the prices down, if you can get one for 5k you wont pay 10k will you. The cars are getting rare so nice ones should be pushed up

If i was after another thats the sort of thing I would be looking at.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Seems like there only circa 500 left on the road now, as Mark has suggested the prices should go up for the rare and clean examples. Surely as owners we should be dictating what they are worth. £10k seems like a fair price in 2018 for a car that's done less than 50,000 miles.

Personally I'm not going to sell mine so not to worried about its value but its nice to see the prices have gone up and will hopefully keep them out of the hands of jack the lad who will give the car a negative image.

Rides
    If you don't believe it is worth 10K based on those pictures, go look at other practical classics and see what you can get in that sort of condition that will offer those levels of performance/comfort/practicality from a standard car.

As far as there being 500 left, that is not as important as the fact that there are probably only 3-4 standard cars of that quality with a 200 badge that come up each year.

You only need a dozen people looking for one with a semi-decent wedge of cash in their pocket and the car is gone.

If I was looking for a toy for reasonable money, the above is exactly the sort of car I'd be looking at.

My prediction is different to the p-man. I think it will sell but, due to the low number of cars and buyers in this niche, it might take a few weeks to find a matching pair of car for sale and owner looking to buy.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post
    ...Personally I'm not going to sell mine so not to worried about its value but its nice to see the prices have gone up and will hopefully keep them out of the hands of jack the lad who will give the car a negative image.
    You is such a snob. lol ...innit

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post

Personally I'm not going to sell mine so not to worried about its value but its nice to see the prices have gone up and will hopefully keep them out of the hands of jack the lad who will give the car a negative image.
    Most of those people have moved on to trashing BMWs and 350z's
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Most of those people have moved on to trashing BMWs and 350z's
    ...or anything with a JIZZ engine (sic).

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    You is such a snob. lol ...innit
    Haha, most normal folk probably consider us sbody owners chavs and nothing else

Rides
    Of course, we owners of cars with pop-ups look down on you less well-to-do S14 owners

Rides
    I'm not biased I own both

Rides
    pop ups are too cool for school!

Rides
    Perhaps prices are not so strong. Check this out

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...--1999/8409800

Why is that so cheap?

Rides
    Ok so tvrs are going to be unreliable money pits, I get that....

So what about one of these: https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...-japan/8281147

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    People undervaluing cars is what drags the prices down, if you can get one for 5k you wont pay 10k will you. The cars are getting rare so nice ones should be pushed up
    Whilst I fully agree with this sentiment, the opposite could also be said that prices going so high (mostly through people vastly overvaluing their driveway decor 'projects') is stopping the majority of people enjoying these cars.. Let's be honest, an s13 rustbucket commanding 6k now, is not 5k better a car than it was 15 years ago.

Just as an example of how devastating the price hikes are for the younger team I want to share a list of some cars I've owned with the price I paid in the period 5-15 years ago, ALL had MOT and tax at time of purchase and very few have needed much in the way of repair.. I've settled on a micra for years now and it's an awesome wee car which ticks all the boxes for a daily driver.

EF civic 1.6i-VT white, 200k miles - pretty ****ed - £100
    s13 silvia Q's green 90 model, 60k miles - good con. - £1000
    Sunny ZX, 80k miles - exc con - £700
    EF8 CRX 1.6i-VT silver, little rust - £800
    EF7 CRX 1.6i-16 red, no rust - £1000
    s13 200sx 1.8t burgundy - minimal rust - £1000
    s13 200sx 1.8t burgundy - hidden rust quite a bit - £900
    s13 200sx 1.8t champagne, no rust - £1100
    s14a 200sx 2.0t green, little rust - £1000
    s14 200sx 2.0t burgundy, no rust but had pas fault and actuator was damaged - £1000
    Micra k11 super S 30k miles mint - £1000
    EF9 civic SIR, barca green, 50k miles, factory condition - £350 (correct, I didn't miss a zero)
    405 mi16 with lovely kit and alloys, red - 70k miles, exc. condition - £450
    s13 180sx type S, midnight purple, immac con - £1000
    EF8 CRX 1.6i-VT red, very little rust - £800
    Punto GT Turbo, burgundy, bag of shite - £1400
    BB4 prelude, phantom grey, no rust - £1000
    z32 manual import 300zx TT, no rust - £1500
    BB2 prelude, green, no rust - £650
    Impreza Type R 2 door, yellow, no rust - £3000
    R33 skyline GTST, immac condition, kitted, 60k miles - £1000
    s12 silvia ZX turbo, red, good condition - £1000

Despite my clear depression over the upturn in prices, at least I got the pleasure of enjoying a bunch of my favourite 'gran turismo' cars for very little coin. I would say the car in the first post looks like a FINE example, and whatever the current value is it should be nearer the top end of the scale as people WILL pay a good amount these days for a good car.

Rides
    Just thought I would bump this thread as on my holidays this week my wife spotted a W reg 14a for sale in a private dealership down in Selsey whilst we were driving around.

Price in the windscreen was £10995 and it looked pretty nice on the forecourt, completely standard from the outside as you’d imagine.

Unfortunately I didn’t get a chance to pop in for a closer look, I just found it very bizarre to see an SX for sale at a car dealer and for a pretty strong price.

Rides
    And I reckon it'll be there like the usual parade of £10k/£11k cars that have been sat on eBay for months. But I hope it sells because it's good news for owners.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by schumi84 View Post
    Just thought I would bump this thread as on my holidays this week my wife spotted a W reg 14a for sale in a private dealership down in Selsey whilst we were driving around.

Price in the windscreen was £10995 and it looked pretty nice on the forecourt, completely standard from the outside as you’d imagine.

Unfortunately I didn’t get a chance to pop in for a closer look, I just found it very bizarre to see an SX for sale at a car dealer and for a pretty strong price.
    Interesting, do you know the dealer name? May have a website. Would be good do see mileage etc.

I've been going to various general car shows over the summer, and it never ceases to amaze me the amount of interest the S14a seems to get.

Edit; is this it? But it's green not blue?
    https://www.carsofchichester.co.uk/u.../nissan/200sx/

Looks nice.
    Last edited by pb63; 23-08-2019 at 06:57.

Rides
    Hi there pb, that’s the one, yep.

I’d like to think that the underside was in as good condition as the bodywork appears to be.

Seeing one for sale not on eBay was just really surprising, especially when you’re driving along and your wife says ‘oh look, your car is for sale over there’.

I find it strange that I’ve owned my SX for 11 years now, how the time has flown by.

Rides
    The power of the tinternet! Yeah looks nice and standard with a low for year mileage.

Ha funny, I was thinking the same re long term ownership... It's been 12 yrs for me and looking at the car in your sig. It's the green twin of mine by the looks of it.

I had mine gently breathed on last summer by Horsham to stage 1a which seems to have abated the desire for a tvr for now. Just been trying to enjoy her as much as poss. Going to as many shows as I can and it's been great this yr...

However the dastardly lure of PistonHeads is always there!.... But for now the mod has been well worth it and reignited my interest....