Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SXOC infinite wisdom... 4 door fun required

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    A nice looking blue Phaeton with 92K miles on it for 4,600 quid. I guess it was too good to be true.
    It HAS to be a V10, the others are good but 550 lb/ft is hilarious. 4 seat for extra pimpage, sadly the TV's dont work these days though

If it was an 04 then under £5K is possible for a V10, prices vary quite a lot as there isnt anything you can compare against.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post
    What is a realistic mpg for the 5.7 hemi?

Around the 20 mark may be doable for the Mrs daily, always wanted one

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    I get 19mpg on a 3mile commute on a motorway you can get mid to high 20's as it shuts down to 4 cylinders.

I also welded in some electric valves after the cats so it throws codes thinking there is an exhaust leak so my mpg is probably slightly worse than normal but I at least get to hear the V8 otherwise the HUGE silencers hide the noise.

Yeah the Diesels are merc engines, the car is built on an old merc saloon, cant remember which one.

Only issues I have had is the satnav/ stereo is fooked but sounds amazing with the 18 boston speakers (but no control over changing radio stations or cd tracks) and the tyre pressure sensors beep as I can't be bothered to change a broken one.

My hemi is on 109k but still pulls like a train and sqwats its big butt when you floor it which looks cool from afar.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    It HAS to be a V10, the others are good but 550 lb/ft is hilarious. 4 seat for extra pimpage, sadly the TV's dont work these days though

If it was an 04 then under £5K is possible for a V10, prices vary quite a lot as there isnt anything you can compare against.
    '05 V10 TDI

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mazda-3-M...YAAOSwObhacHvm

well within budget - never heard anyone say a bad thing about them

Edit - thought they were AWD, but they're only FWD so don't meet requirements.....

try: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-MAZD...MAAOSwjodaRBWK
    Last edited by DLowe; 08-02-2018 at 21:28.

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Doc - that was given very serious consideration but then Bex pointed out so eloquently "Wtf is that? It looks like a barge and you're not grown up enough for a German car!" So disallowed

A V10 Toe-rag was suggested but then she found out about the V10 twin turbo bit that equated to an official fuel consumption figure of about 24mpg.

The Chrysler? Sorry. Couldn't live with that. Not putting too fine a point on it but I just don't like the looks.

I did look at the Mazda MPs cars. More focussed on the 6 than the 3. Discounted it due to the high number of bespoke parts. Makes any potential repairs rather costly.

I am now sorted. Thanks Joey! Jzx110 and tempted into it by including a nice set of Work Eurolines. It will need dropping a bit, some aero and an exhaust to release the 1jz howl!

Thank you for all your suggestions and its nice to see I've not been forgotten! Made some good friends on here and its always a nice place to visit especially for advice!!! I promise I will get to another weekender one day!!!!

Rides
    Pics then?!

Rides
    Not yet! Needs cleaning, tidying a little and fitting the wheels as its currently on the stock Toyota 16" ones. The stock nuts are flat and the Works need a conical end. I have some, then found out that the ones I have are Nissans 1.25 thread and Toyota uses 1.5. ordered some today.

Rides
    Little teaser. This arrived today...

Rides
    Thought you were after a 4 door? Looks like a fold up city car.

Rides
    I was expecting to get to the end of this and find out you bought a diesel Golf
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Lol! I've had a diesel Golf. One of the worst cars I've ever had With the reputation of them, I wanted to like it and I tried. But there was nothing to love. It was OK. Ok performance, OK fuel economy, it started when I turned the key. Then it developed issues. It lunched its clutch and flywheel, chewed up its turbo, door hinges dropped, central locking stopped working and the worst one? The clutch pedal snapped whilst I was driving! And the VW dealer? Useless. "Oh we keep those in stock as its a known problem". So how about issuing a recall to fix a potentially dangerous known problem. " we don't do that. It would hurt the reputation of the brand". BTW. This was shortly before dieselgate! Mwah hahahahahahaha! Karmas a bitch!

I will never ever go back to VW.

OK. I currently work for Skoda. But that's not the point.