Thread: Link ecu's

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides

Link ecu's

Does anyone on here use a link G4 ecu? Do you rate it for the cash?

I know it has launch control, anti lag and flat shift but does it have traction control? Do these features work well?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    if your still on a small casing gearbox I wouldn't flat shift.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Ha wasn't intending too, didn't want to look like a pussy just putting "traction control"

New gearbox is on the todo list in time
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    It has the ability for those things, but you do need add on parts for the anti lag and flat shift.

I’m running the g4+ on my 180sx and it’s an awesome bit of kit, the safety features and onboard boost control are well worth the money.

Mines set up with temperature controlled rev limit, temperature controlled boost limit (coolant temp), transient ignition retard (good for drifting, keeps the on/off throttle safer by reducing ignition by a tiny amount to stop potential knock). I’ve also got boost control by gear, and a hi/lo switch which also enables the LC on hi boost. I’ve also got my afr gauge wired into the ecu so the ecu sees what I see on the afr gauge and can adjust according to its target feulling.

Another good feature is you can log the map whilst driving and check to see if there is any issues. it helped me and the mapper diagnose an idle issue I had without me actually having to take the car back to him! Couple of logs sent via email and we found the issue and an adjustment was made and it was sorted.

Anti lag requires quite a few extra modifications I was told, flat shift requires the clutch pedal being modified to fit a clutch switch. I don’t know about the traction control, I’d assume it needs a working abs system which I don’t have so never asked!

Hope that helps.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Thanks for your reply, most comprehensive I've read thus far I'm not bothered by flat shift or anti lag tbh, boost control, launch and traction control are the ones I'm after as selling on my current kit would help cover the costs.

The boost per gear and temp control sounds like a great addition and safe guard

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Thanks for your reply, most comprehensive I've read thus far I'm not bothered by flat shift or anti lag tbh, boost control, launch and traction control are the ones I'm after as selling on my current kit would help cover the costs.

The boost per gear and temp control sounds like a great addition and safe guard

No worries mate, it’s definitely worth speaking to whoever you chose to map the car as to what features they’ll map into the car as part of the quoted price, I’ve seen a few people get done by this as some regard them as “extras”. Everything I asked for was included in my original quote luckily.

Rides
    I'm looking to eventually go for the Link G4+ too. From my understanding it's a whole lot more tunable than say nistune and you can run a MAP sensor and IAT to do away with the old clunky MAFs and becomes less of a restriction. Another plus for the MAP sensor is that if you pop a boost pipe off the engine will still run and drive, just with no boost. Saves being stranded in the fast lane

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyrs View Post
    I'm looking to eventually go for the Link G4+ too. From my understanding it's a whole lot more tunable than say nistune and you can run a MAP sensor and IAT to do away with the old clunky MAFs and becomes less of a restriction. Another plus for the MAP sensor is that if you pop a boost pipe off the engine will still run and drive, just with no boost. Saves being stranded in the fast lane
    This is true. I assumed Chris would have already knew about that but yeah it’s much better technology having map and iat sensor!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Yup, whatever I run next will be using a map based setup.

Rides
    I’m a complete novice when it comes to engine management and I installed a G4 xtreme red in my project. I loaded the standard S15 det map. Did a few alterations for the size of the injectors. Added cam control (Vet head) no cas so set up for hall sensor and toothed wheel on exhaust cam. (Taarks) checked the timing with a strobe the dropped the plugs in switched on the fuel pumps and first try it started. I was amazed. Just needs a bit of time on the Link forum also Ben Silcock at HP Academy has a great tutorial on the G4+.
    Of cause it’s going to a pro for the mapping but it’s at least drivable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk