Thread: Db power wilwood 345mm big brake kit ... Disks?

Rides

Db power wilwood 345mm big brake kit ... Disks?

Morning all!

A few years ago i bought a db power willwood 345mm big brake kit for the front of my car, since then its been perfect and ad such i now find myself needing replacement disks, does anyone know what discs dan used when constructing the kit? Ive tried loads but i cant get the correct size and offset!

I cant be the only one with this issue, has anyone else been here?

Cheers!

Rides
    Loads of threads on here about it mate, think they’re evo 8 discs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    http://www.reyland.co.uk/custom-brake-kits/

Check these guys out, they make custom brake setups and can machine you a set of discs up to the spec you want

Rides
    Cheers for the answers lads,

To clarify ive had a good route around on here but ive found little info, cheers for the link to custom setups, but honestly id like to try and use an oem disc, anyone got any solid info?

If were not sure im happy to order some discs and return them untill we get the correct ones!

Cheers

Rides
    Dan is still on the forum FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    They're Mercedes ML55 brake discs iirc with the centre bore slightly machined out

https://www.mtecbrakes.com/brake-dis...MaAnnPEALw_wcB

Rides
    Have you contacted Dan? he may be able to get yoou a replacement set made however i always thought the were a mercedes disk.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides
    Thanks again for the answers lads, I tried to contact him through tdc garage, i believe thats his new name but no luck, i didnt realise he was still active on here, i will also pm him on here, the general consensus seems to be that they are ml55 discs, but the ones slamz linked seem to have too big a centrebore (67mm) wheras silvias run 66.1 i believe, i know thats only .45mm each side but i like things to be correct, any info dan gives me ill post here

Cheers

Rides
    They may have been opened up and a reducer used to keep them centre

Your gunna have to pull a disk off and look else your gunna end up with a pile of disks only gunna take 15 mins to actually get the wheel off and measure

Rides
    i literally used Merc disks without drilling and they slipped on

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jayystuart View Post
    Thanks again for the answers lads, I tried to contact him through tdc garage, i believe thats his new name but no luck, i didnt realise he was still active on here, i will also pm him on here, the general consensus seems to be that they are ml55 discs, but the ones slamz linked seem to have too big a centrebore (67mm) wheras silvias run 66.1 i believe, i know thats only .45mm each side but i like things to be correct, any info dan gives me ill post here

Cheers
    Brake centrebore is different to wheel centrebore. Nissan brake centrebore is 68mm hence the use of Merc discs with the centrebore machined out

Rides
    Thanks again for the answers chaps, ofcourse the hub spigot is stepped, i didnt even think of that! So thanks. Ive also managed to talk to dan via tdc, he said there are two different discs dependant on kit, he also confirmed that the machining neccessary is with regard to centrebore.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jayystuart View Post
    Thanks again for the answers chaps, ofcourse the hub spigot is stepped, i didnt even think of that! So thanks. Ive also managed to talk to dan via tdc, he said there are two different discs dependant on kit, he also confirmed that the machining neccessary is with regard to centrebore.
    can i ask what disc's and what kit differences? as i will be in need of replacing my front disc's shortly, ta.