Rides
    Part 2

The little things lol

Whilst I was indulging myself I couldn’t help a Domo

I thought it needed a bit more character so got carried on

Also managed to find something in Russia that I never thought I’d get

Also the front plate was shocking and I couldn’t live with it any longer

So made a bracket up

I couldn’t stand the amber bumper lights either so managed to find some clear ones from Russia again

The metal u clips that they fix in to had actually rusted away completely so had to find some more of them and then got them in

So now it was ready for a road test, it needed a few tweaks, rear needed to be lifted and preload wound up and fronts the same

Played with front toe and was pretty impressed with my lock

So after a busy morning in and out adjusting and swapping out the battery as it doesn’t seem to hold a charge any more I finally got it driveable and home

So just because

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Great update.
    I might need that Russian contact for my Gloria chap so pm me.
    Genuine Junction Produce?
    Damn you in the monies!!
    Front end shot looks the business.

Rides
    Cheers mate, I’ll WhatsApp it over to you now.

Yeah genuine junction produce, treated Cedric and couldn’t help myself with laurel lol

Yeah I did love that shot!

All moted now too so just need alignment before bhp show on Monday now

Rides
    Update

So car had it’s mot Monday and passed with very little advisories so happy boy as this just now meant alignment was needed for it to be legal and safe to drive on the roads.

So managed to get a spot at a place I took my previous drift car for alignment and they had saved the settings on the system so as it’s all the same gear from that car I thought I might as well take advantage of this and went back

So that’s done and the cars now fully on road although it wasn’t a smooth visit as I pulled up, turned the car off and when they went to move it on to the ramp the main inline fuse from the battery popped for some reason so I had to walk to the local motor factors (as the garage didn’t have any tools etc) and ended up removing the fuse holder and jubilee clip around the bare ends covered in insulation tape which got me out of trouble until I could get to a place with a replacement fuse

I’ve now ordered a 150amp breaker instead of a fuse so if it happens again I just need to flip the switch.

Also managed to get away from work a bit earlier so popped down to see a mate of mine to start work on getting my S14a stainless steel exhaust to fit the laurel.

Not too different, hence the idea to use this exhaust.

But it was a job that needed doing as it was in a poor state and also too loud for track

The can actually hung out the end and the tip had been trimmed down very badly, so it was ridiculously low!

Even hanging in the original bumper recess the can still sat too low, so had to chop the bumper

Once the bumper was cut the aim was moved to the exhaust and with a bit of grinding and welding we ended up with this

And I think sacrificing a cut out in the bumper was well worth the end result

And not only does the car look better, it sounds so much nicer and car seems to idle a lot better too and I now come under the track restrictions I needed

And then admired it for a little whilst working on my mates car

Then admired both whilst helping another mate with his car

Rides
    looking good dude

Rides
    I pulled my buddy club exhaust off my s13 yesterday & for giggles I led it under the gloria. That fits almost the same as yours does. It's great how Nissans work. Great update as usual mate.

Rides
    You work with Shane do ya?

Coming on nicely.

Rides
    Cheers guys, this car is getting quite a bit of love, which is good as it keeps me going when it decides to be a mare! Haha

Yeah I had the exhaust off when I was swapping rear subframe over and had my S14a one lying around and it was so close it was unreal! So luckily with a mates help to cut and weld it fits better than a normal exhaust would have! Got it up nice and tight, no scrapping or anything and got the can sitting so much better too!

Na I don’t work with Shane Mel, he’s just a mate and gives me a hand as And when I need one

So a bit of an update

Had a few bits to do to get ready for bhp on Monday so back down to my mates garage with a few others to get all the cars ready for Monday. This consisted of late nights and dead phone batteries so not as many pics as usual.

My rear plate went missing somewhere whilst I was road testing it

So managed to find somewhere open on a Sunday that did import plates and got that sorted

Also did oil and filter change and fuel filter change and re-bled the clutch as it wasn’t there lol

Ended up buying a new front big brake conversion too and that arrived during the week so thought why not get that on

Old brakes

Old 315mm disc and new 345mm evo discs

New brakes fitted

Then after fitting them and doing the other bits thought I best go for a road test, put my foot on the brakes (on the ramp) and brake line blew from the bmc so had to quickly reflare the end and bleed brakes back through.

Then finally got to road test it, brakes felt good, clutch pedal was back, as was good until I put my foot down and...... slipping clutch! Got my mate to take it out and he also confirmed my fears that at 9pm on a Saturday night just before its first track day on Monday the clutch was dead and wouldn’t make it through the abuse I have planned for it. Luckily he had a half used 4 puk paddle clutch in his shed so we ripped the box out and got to probably the quickest clutch change ever! By midnight it was back together and not slipping, so hopefully I should make it to bhp and back on Monday now.

Then final thing I wanted to do before bhp was get it washed as I’ve never seen the car clean before lol

So now she’s home, clean and running so will head down to bhp tomorrow and finally get to put it through it’s paces on track! If anybody’s going down to lydden pop over and say hello, also if anybody gets any good pictures or videos of it I’d love to see them

Rides
    Update

So after no sleep and putting as much time and effort in to this since November I was pretty excited to see what the thing could do.

So we had to get up at 2am to make the journey to bhp, meet up with people and collect tickets etc, then we started the drive. I’ve got to say apart from the turbo fluttering constantly on the motorway as I’m doing around 3000-3500 at 70mph the car drove really well! Then disaster struck! And not far from track either

That’s was how close I was when I broke down! So jumped out and tried to find the issue, car wouldn’t start and every relay was clicking like made as soon as ignition was on so was safe to say electrical issues. My mates circled back and pushed me off the roundabout and in to the nearest bus stop. We then pretty much ripped out anything we thought could be causing an issue, after an hour we were stumped so I told them to go to the show and I would have to ring the aa and get recovered back home.

Then when the aa did turn up 2.5 hours later I actually had a decent tech! So he hooked up some fuse holders to we could try diagnose the issue as I kept blowing mine and after a few minutes we see smoke! Turns out my coilpack conversion loom has melted and fused together!!!

It even fused the connector block together

Then the actual wires themselves looked like this

So after remaking the loom with insulation tape and cable ties and giving the same treatment to anything else I’d ripped out trying to find the issue we managed to get it running and the aa advised to take a gentle drive home due to how it had been repaired.

But by this point I’d accepted the fact I was going home on a low loader and thought I might aswell go out on a low loader because I’d done what I’d set out to do, so rung my mates and told them I was on my way haha

So I’d made it to the show and my track time wasn’t until the afternoon so parked up and enjoyed the show until I was on.

Then it was time, so changed, got my helmet on and hit the track

The car was fantastic! Until the rear stepped out on my second lap and It must’ve unsettled some wiring as I lost 2 cylinders, had a few more laps on 4 and decided it was best to come off.

So found some more wiring in the coilpack loom that was shagged and taped it back up and was firing on 6 again to get me home

Even with miles of stop start traffic it made it home in one piece.

Now to start the repair work again before booking up the next one haha

Rides
    Love your commitment mate & still went on track!